We Have Success, Sonic Mania for ps3

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, it did feel very shoehorned in last-minute, since they didn't even implement texture transparency which is kind of a huge deal for simulating glass, water, shadows, etc... So all the shadows we got was that black dithered trash. I can't even be asked to play games that use that crap, as it's far to distracting to even try and deal with it.
Yeah, looks pretty lame. OpenGL emulators like Yaba Sanshiro can replace this nonsense with real transperacy tho.

Reactions: Jayro

Sonic5477

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
View attachment 356547

Saya menemukan untuk mengaktifkan plus. Saya belum menguji ini pada perangkat keras nyata. dan, itu masih wip at
Post automatically merged:

Do you have a discord username I want to talk about Sonic mania ps3 ?
View attachment 333243

ini berfungsi dengan rpcs3, tetapi tidak pada perangkat keras asli, jadi ini cukup sukses. Saya pikir masalahnya ada pada sdk atau versi yang lebih baru, yang saya gunakan karena saya tidak menginstal ps3sdk hingga minggu ini. lagi pula tampaknya telah merusak beberapa hal. hal yang sama berlaku untuk ps2 dan sm64 yang berfungsi di emulator tetapi tidak pada perangkat keras asli, juga berasal dari sdk-nya, jadi bukan portnya sendiri. anehnya, sm64 bekerja dengan baik di ps3. Anda dapat menggunakan self atau fake.self dengan sonic mania, keduanya berfungsi. game ini memiliki banyak masalah sekalipun. tidak ada musik, dan dlc tidak diaktifkan meskipun dikompilasi.

View attachment 333243

ini berfungsi dengan rpcs3, tetapi tidak pada perangkat keras asli, jadi ini cukup sukses. Saya pikir masalahnya ada pada sdk atau versi yang lebih baru, yang saya gunakan karena saya tidak menginstal ps3sdk hingga minggu ini. lagi pula tampaknya telah merusak beberapa hal. hal yang sama berlaku untuk ps2 dan sm64 yang berfungsi di emulator tetapi tidak pada perangkat keras asli, juga berasal dari sdk-nya, jadi bukan portnya sendiri. anehnya, sm64 bekerja dengan baik di ps3. Anda dapat menggunakan self atau fake.self dengan sonic mania, keduanya berfungsi. game ini memiliki banyak masalah sekalipun. tidak ada musik, dan dlc tidak diaktifkan meskipun dikompilasi.
Apakah Anda memiliki nama pengguna perselisihan yang ingin saya bicarakan Sonic mania ps3

View attachment 333243

it works with rpcs3, but not on original hardware, so it's sort of a success. I think the problem is with the sdk or a newer version of it, which I'm using as I didn't install the ps3sdk till like this week. anyway it seems to have broken some things. the same is true of the ps2 and sm64 where it works in an emulator but not on original hardware, also stemming from its sdk, so it's not the ports themselves. strangely, sm64 works fine on the ps3. you can use either the self or the fake.self with sonic mania, either works. this game has a lot of problems though. there's no music, and dlc isn't enabled even if compiled.
View attachment 333243

it works with rpcs3, but not on original hardware, so it's sort of a success. I think the problem is with the sdk or a newer version of it, which I'm using as I didn't install the ps3sdk till like this week. anyway it seems to have broken some things. the same is true of the ps2 and sm64 where it works in an emulator but not on original hardware, also stemming from its sdk, so it's not the ports themselves. strangely, sm64 works fine on the ps3. you can use either the self or the fake.self with sonic mania, either works. this game has a lot of problems though. there's no music, and dlc isn't enabled even if compiled.
Do you have a discord username I want to talk about Sonic mania ps3

Last edited by Sonic5477,

blasphemous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apakah Anda memiliki nama pengguna perselisihan yang ingin saya bicarakan Sonic mania ps3

Do you have a discord username I want to talk about Sonic mania ps3
just godreborn. discord recently had you do a username instead of a username and number. I've made some progress with the game. I've decreased the size of the game, but I still have problems with it. I'm likely to be banned for whatever, so send me a message asap on discord.

Megami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any luck on getting this to work on real hardware yet?
yes, and plus too. I will not share plus. to enable plus, remove -RSDK_AUTOBUILD from cflags and recompile. put the data.rsdk decompiled as data folder in the right place (USRDIR), and this will work as a folder game. I've been helping devs while away from temp. the only reason I'm doing this is because this was one of my posts. I will not help temp anymore. I will soon quit discord as well, and will not help anyone with anything. you chose Chary over me, so live with your decision.

Attachments

• SonicMania.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 24

Arlisbloxer05

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arlisbloxer005.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
yes, and plus too. I will not share plus. to enable plus, remove -RSDK_AUTOBUILD from cflags and recompile. put the data.rsdk decompiled as data folder in the right place (USRDIR), and this will work as a folder game. I've been helping devs while away from temp. the only reason I'm doing this is because this was one of my posts. I will not help temp anymore. I will soon quit discord as well, and will not help anyone with anything. you chose Chary over me, so live with your decision.
"you chose chary over me, so live with your decision"

i'd ask for context but clearly i'm not gonna get it

Megami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"you chose chary over me, so live with your decision"

i'd ask for context but clearly i'm not gonna get it
Why should I do that? You people already chose not to listen, and you all have made up your minds. However, I guess I need to repeat myself. I wanted to talk to Chary about my sister's suicide attempts a while back. She had told me that if I ever needed someone to talk with, she was available. Six months later and four dms later, nothing. My dad just recently died, last week in fact, so I guess I'm actually banned from talking with my friends on here about that too. Everyone sided with Chary, because she's a she and I'm a he. I'm not stupid. They made it obvious, which is why I can "ban" temp members from receiving my help both here and on discord. That whole ordeal pissed me off so much that I quit the scenes, sold my hacked systems. I won't be back in them. You all have no idea just how involved I was in the scenes, even so far as helping devs. I had a dev from rpcs4, the ps4 emulator, who wanted me part of the team in fact. I told him I quit the scenes, then he stopped responding. Over time, I may forgive temp and Chary, but I will never forget what's happened. The game was a parting gift. We finally figured it out. It works on hardware with sound. I will not provide a plus version. You can build it, but do note it's a wip, so expect bugs.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That whole ordeal pissed me off so much that I quit the scenes, sold my hacked systems. I won't be back in them. You all have no idea just how involved I was in the scenes, even so far as helping devs.
All of that may be so, but no need for you to let that change your hobbies if you enjoy them.
I'd like to think even if the (very rare) projects I share on gbatemp were hated and people were mean to me about them etc, sure I'd not want to participate in the site anymore.
But I'd still want to work on them in my free time, it's just about doing what you want to do.
It feels strange to sell consoles due to that, but if that's what helped you deal with it then good for you.

Back to the Sonic Mania port for PS3... :)

Gokuelpro

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can you activate the plus in this Sonic mania optimized with sound?

Why should I do that? You people already chose not to listen, and you all have made up your minds. However, I guess I need to repeat myself. I wanted to talk to Chary about my sister's suicide attempts a while back. She had told me that if I ever needed someone to talk with, she was available. Six months later and four dms later, nothing. My dad just recently died, last week in fact, so I guess I'm actually banned from talking with my friends on here about that too. Everyone sided with Chary, because she's a she and I'm a he. I'm not stupid. They made it obvious, which is why I can "ban" temp members from receiving my help both here and on discord. That whole ordeal pissed me off so much that I quit the scenes, sold my hacked systems. I won't be back in them. You all have no idea just how involved I was in the scenes, even so far as helping devs. I had a dev from rpcs4, the ps4 emulator, who wanted me part of the team in fact. I told him I quit the scenes, then he stopped responding. Over time, I may forgive temp and Chary, but I will never forget what's happened. The game was a parting gift. We finally figured it out. It works on hardware with sound. I will not provide a plus version. You can build it, but do note it's a wip, so expect bugs.
Where do I send it to you?

Mediafire / folder/ 2rtllm4ad2gs4/

Last edited by Gokuelpro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: luke try not to say "for instance" or "etc." in a post challenge, level impossible