Hardware We want a response...NOW!

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
It makes total sense to me. You should be able to play a game you damn well payed for.
You can play it! Remove the device you fitted to allow you to play pirated games. Easy huh?

If people spent as much time backing up SSBB as they spend whinging about the lack of Wiikey updates, they'd probably have finished the game by now.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
jalaneme, you may not have noticed but the mod chip scene isn't designed or intended to be conducive to the "average gamer".

Mod chips are for the big boys. If you don't have the technical skills you aren't in a position to complain; you shouldn't be getting involved.

Also it's not too hard to learn these things. The information is all free and available at your local search engine. The fact that you are complaining about needing to do some research just shows your lack of dedication. You basically want everything free for no work, huh?

Also don't express your technical incompetence while trash talking open source. You're not making yourself look good.
wink2.gif

you really don't understand what i was talking about, that open source chip you are talking about is far more different from your typical modchips like wiikey cyclowiz and so on, to get the thing to work you have to wait for other people to make code or you have to program it yourself, on top of that linux is involved, and to say that opensource is better than anything out there is laughable to say the least, opensourse is the worst of all because if a game like SMG has a protection on it your seriously fucked as no one will code if for you unless you do it yourself, or unless someone is willing to donate their own personal time to make the code for the open source mode chip.

not everyone has the basic soldering skills to mod a chip, nor has the time to do it either, you seem to presume that once again everyone is a mdodchip installing master and can install a modchip like a pro, why do you think there are so many clueless people on here and psx news asking about installing modchips themself or when they fuck up their Wii main board while attempting to install the modchip themselves and have to pay for someone else to do it for them, hell why do you think there is modchips installing services in the first place?

it's not about the lack of information or whatever it's about what makes logical sense, i'm not going to attempt to rip open my Wii and install a modchip if i don't even know what i am doing, nor am i going to buy a car and drive it without taking a driving lesson, that is what you expect me to do..right?

so before you accuse me of stupidity or "lack of tech info" think about what you type first and make sure it make sense before you start babbling on about you being better than everyone else.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
bosscolor said:
WIINJA TEAM are also fuckers...

I hate them

Remember when SMG was out , they didn't say a word for about 3 weeks and they banned some angry users on the forum...

No upgrade since November 2007
blink.gif

The only serious team seems to be Cyclowiz
do you need update for wiinja? no i don't think so. I'm pretty sure that brawl would work on my old wiinja v1 after removing the 001 error from the game.
also wiinja team made the first modchip for wii, so that makes them cool guys. No need to call them fuckers
biggrin.gif

I still remember the time when cyclowiz was the worst modchip etc. and wiikey was godly etc. That's weird how people change their minds. :|

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, guys. I understand that my bitching and whining was perhaps more for venting than being rationale. But, arctic brought up some good responses with using open source on the wiikey. However, no one has gotten back to me on whether openwii or yaosm plays the retail ssbb. if anyone has info on whether theirs work, please reply...

thanks.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
uhh my friend turned his wiikey into a OpenWii today in like 15 minutes. It's pretty easy to do and he doesn't have linux.

also many people will "write this code for you" and you talk about SMG problems and stuff, well everyone with the chip will have those problems, you don't think they want to fix it too? Of course opensource chips will be better then chips with no support *cough* wiikey *cough*

good luck sticking up for the wiikey name now...

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont have for now any complains on wiikey, i still believe that they will come out from the dark when they are needed.
is openwii requires any soldering>?or sd card?

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the problem..? WiiKey is meant to play backups and it does a pretty damn good job of doing so. So what if it can't play 1 legit game? Why did you get a Wiikey if you were going to buy legit copies anyway?

Vampant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikagami said:
What's the problem..? WiiKey is meant to play backups and it does a pretty damn good job of doing so. So what if it can't play 1 legit game? Why did you get a Wiikey if you were going to buy legit copies anyway?

I totally agree, the wiikey does pretty enough stuff for me, so what if a couple of games dont work, i dont see why the original poster is so angry for.

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
uhh my friend turned his wiikey into a OpenWii today in like 15 minutes. It's pretty easy to do and he doesn't have linux.

also many people will "write this code for you" and you talk about SMG problems and stuff, well everyone with the chip will have those problems, you don't think they want to fix it too? Of course opensource chips will be better then chips with no support *cough* wiikey *cough*

good luck sticking up for the wiikey name now...

mikagami said:

Vampant said:
QUOTE(mikagami @ Mar 17 2008, 06:46 PM)

I totally agree, the wiikey does pretty enough stuff for me, so what if a couple of games dont work, i dont see why the original poster is so angry for.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
you really don't understand what i was talking about, that open source chip you are talking about is far more different from your typical modchips like wiikey cyclowiz and so on, to get the thing to work you have to wait for other people to make code or you have to program it yourself, on top of that linux is involved, and to say that opensource is better than anything out there is laughable to say the least, opensourse is the worst of all because if a game like SMG has a protection on it your seriously fucked as no one will code if for you unless you do it yourself, or unless someone is willing to donate their own personal time to make the code for the open source mode chip.
If you would rather hope and pray that your chip's one team bothers to update your chip. That's all fine and good. There's a much better chance if there are dozens of developers for a given modchip. You say new protection screws over open source chips, but look at the point of reference. How about those wiinja chips hmm? People with technical skill will be willing to pump time into their own modchip, even if you're not. Even if the dev team doesn't have time, many users will. I would like to refer you to Volkov's post in this topic for the technicalities of why your statement is factually incorrect.
This is my first post on this board even touching on open-source. There are a lot of problems with it and I am not an open-source or linux fan myself. But your logic doesn't hold with reference.
I would like to refer you to Dirtie's post earlier on this page. You're trying to make a comparison that doesn't exactly make sense considering the market.

jalaneme said:
not everyone has the basic soldering skills to mod a chip, nor has the time to do it either, you seem to presume that once again everyone is a mdodchip installing master and can install a modchip like a pro, why do you think there are so many clueless people on here and psx news asking about installing modchips themself or when they fuck up their Wii main board while attempting to install the modchip themselves and have to pay for someone else to do it for them, hell why do you think there is modchips installing services in the first place?
Boo hoo you don't know how to set up and use mod chips. Thanks for going out of your way to make it everyone else's problem.
People want everything for nothing, and aren't willing to invest a little time into their lawbreaking practices. If you don't have the time, skill, or time to pick up the skill, you should not be recklessly breaking copyright law.
You act like it is your right to a mod chip. Get off your high horse.

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Mar 17 2008, 04:25 AM)
it's not about the lack of information or whatever it's about what makes logical sense, i'm not going to attempt to rip open my Wii and install a modchip if i don't even know what i am doing, nor am i going to buy a car and drive it without taking a driving lesson, that is what you expect me to do..right?

so before you accuse me of stupidity or "lack of tech info" think about what you type first and make sure it make sense before you start babbling on about you being better than everyone else.
It's neither, it's lack of dedication. It's not an internet pirate's place to act spoiled.
To continue your analogy, it'd be nice if you learned how to drive a car before bitching about how it handles or how the automaker services it. Although what you're doing would be hiring a driver and then complaining about how it handles. There's nothing wrong with that I guess but damn if you won't look silly.
Car analogies lol. A mod chip is not comparable to an automobile. Who's thinking before they type here? You may want to read up on logical fallacies.

It's not like you're a special case or anything, this is the internet. Everyone complains about everything and wants it all with no work or required knowledge.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
blah blah blah moan moan moan, what ever i don't have time, really, i really don't care about that stupid chip anyway so trying reasoning with me or to make me look stupid is pointless.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
blah blah blah moan moan moan, what ever i don't have time, really, i really don't care about that stupid chip anyway so trying reasoning with me or to make me look stupid is pointless.

You're right. You do it by yourself.

I was trying to be logical about this. If you're not going to stick to your guns then come on, why post?
frown.gif

Slab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikagami said:
Being in another country, SSBB was the primary reason I wanted a modchip. Now I have the legit version sitting around, useless, until my freeloader arrives (tomorrow!). And I have to disable my wiikey just to play it. I don't have the resources to back up my own copy of SSBB, and it would taking a fucking month to download anyway.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes i do have wiikey. yes updates suck. yes i am fairly certain there will be no other update since wiis have moved to d2c

yes it does suck if you bought an original game and you cannot play it. but that is because you put something there to play backups. p
and you can STILL play backups. that bloody thing still works for your backups.
if you do not want to play backups remove it or put a switch.

if you cannot put a switch yourself, go to the guy who did the modding for you and ask him to put a switch. even if he soldered it on he can break one contact and put wires. it is not that hard.

and last don't bash open source. you sound more stupid that you can probably be. of course you rely on other ppl spending their free time to write code for you. that is what open source is all about. that is why ppl are asking for wiikey opensourcing. because there will be someone out there maybe more than one Jalaneme who are willing to "waste" accoring to you their time to make something for you who knows nothing but whining. if you think yaosm is too complicated for you or you are not "advanced enough" for openwii, get something else.

a ton of threads with the same topic honestly bring no result. if there is a release it will be announced. if not well ... by the time wiikey reaches the point it cannot play new original games and their backups you will have already used it for what's was worth
tongue.gif

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd really like to test OpenWii or yaosm (not sure about that spelling..) on my WiiKey, but haven't gotten around to trying soldering etc by myself yet. One of them do work with the same layout of connections as WiiKey doesn't it? Would love to find a way to make a dvd-upgrade from wiikey 1.9g to OpenWii or Yaosm (still not sure about that damn spelling) without having to open my wii.

Cheers

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soooooo what should a consumer like me think about doing for a modchip i don't have one "yet" but will get one which do i get what are my options the twilight hack just made its premier should wait to see if there will be a non-mod back-up possibility?

kaozskyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:

Dumb woman. You are ignorant and immature, to say the least. Please go brush up on you "facts" before you start pointless arguments. Better yet, just dont speak at all. That'll save you the humiliation you are causing yourself. All you know how to do is whine and moan. Put that effort into something productive, and who knows, you might learn something.

junp3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have replied, check the front page of wiinewz , they have said they are working on a update to fix the problem but have yet to give a release date for time frame.

at least they havent given up on us chaps
biggrin.gif

PS: Jalaneme, Grow up, kaoz5skyblade is right, you are way too ignorant and immature

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
okey... Now I have read trough all of the post`s on this topic..
the main things I am wondering on is this:

1. For the wiikey owners, have you mannaged to play SSBB, the Dual Layer DVD version, on your wiikey wii? ( and if yes please do tell me what you did, coz I am scared of the tought that I might do a wrong burn )

2. Wiikey -> Opnewii
What is needed to be done to make a Wiikey to a Openwii ? And is there a good tutorial for how to do it?

3. Future tought: Will future Wii games be on DL DVD`s ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, what if she eats it?