Weird "Dream"

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me preface this with a few details. First off, I rarely dream, or at least if I do I rarely remember them, anymore. I strongly do NOT believe in ghosts and try not to be superstitious. Still, this "dream" has left me feeling a bit shaken due to a number of reasons that may or may not become clear reading it. Also, Mikki is my wife, for those that don't know.

So here's my dream, as I went through it in IRC. I'm too lazy to try retyping it.
ugh
i feel so
...weird
i like
hmmm
had this "dream"
i couldn't get out of bed
move my arms
legs
most dreams you see yourself
i didn't
it was my view
from the bed
facing the ceiling
and i kept seeing these figures
humanish figures
shadow like
from the corner of my eye
appearing on the ceiling a bit
my thought was "ghost" and i wanted to get out of bed
to run
but i couldn't move
my arms
my legs
nothing
i could change where i was looking
but that's about it
and every time i'd look at that figure
my vision would get all darkish brown and distorted
think i heard some feint screaming
or something
but still
no matter what I tried
i couldn't move
then I was even able to close one of my eyes
and i noticed that figure was only in my left eye
so i closed it
tried looking to the left
where i saw it
nothing
Weird
so i tried reopening my left eye
and again
it's there
and every time i see it, EVERY time, since the first time, that same distorted brown vision
with the screaming
eventually i think to myself
that im able to move
but maybe i just can't feel my arms
and legs
and stuff
so i try moving them
assuming they are moving
trying to position them in front of my face
to make sure they work
nothing
then i tried moving myself
eventually i got the feeling i was moving
and sliding off the bed
thought i was
but still couldn't get up and stuff
then i realize I hadn't moved
and I'm still in bed
look with my left eye only
don't see the figure
so i try my right eye
now it's in my right eye
but then i notice something else
i notice what appears to be someone else in bed with me
to my left
i assume it's mikki
and try to talk
try to wake her up
or something
to help me
i either can't speak or i can't hear myself
so then i try moving my head and turn
and whatever it was
made my vision change again
the way it did on the figure on the ceiling
again the screaming too
i decide to try and move my arm since i can see it
it moves
but i can't feel that it's moving
since i can't see the face on whoever is in bed
i decide to try and wake her up
i put out my arm
and apparently my hand went in the nose
not the whole hand
just a finger
i couldn't see it
but for some reason feel it
and then i could hear what sounds like mikki repeating herself
"nose nose nose nose nose...."
over and over
i think to myself "ok, that's weird"
move my hand out of the nose
forget where i put it(like i forget right now trying to recall the dream)
but im sure she repeated where i put my hand too
i remember trying to get out of bed again
but couldn't
so i tried moving my head
boom
now I'm awake
sure I'm awake
my arms and legs still feel numbishly like they were in the "dream"
and im in bed at the same spot as there too
tho no one in bed
i could move now that i was actually awake
and i darted out of the room
i still feel weird now
it all blended so well
creeped out
i almost don't know if it actually happened
too weird to have actually happened
but it FEELS like it did

Anyways, so like I said at the end. The way my body felt in the "dream" is how I awoke with my body feeling. As far as my memory is concerned, I'm almost not sure if there's any difference between the moments in my "dream" and when I "woke up". It all felt seamless.

So.... yeah...

EDIT: Also, another thing that made the "dream" feel real was the fact that during the entire thing I was able to think in my head just fine. It wasn't just the actions in the dream, I was actively thinking the entire time. Thinking of my options trying to figure out why my body wouldn't move even though I was telling it to, etc. I swear... everything was just way too real for me...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you sleep and dream, your body is supposed to shut down all motor skills... so you don't run around and punch shit like you would in a dream. Now there are different levels over "shutdown," one of which is where people get panic attacks because they're brain "shuts down" too much... not that it REALLY does, but its a perception where your body is no longer working, and you either panic, or just jolt your body awake (i jolt, a LOT, when i try and fall asleep. Hell, just happened last night.)

Now, when its time to wake up, sometimes your body isn't as quick as your mind is to get up... which is where the paralysis feeling comes in. You're still in a dream state, you very slightly take in your surroundings, but things aren't right. I've had this happen many times as well. So in reality, you were still dreaming, but your mind was confused because it was trying to take in reality... but it wasn't quite time.

Its a really scary feeling, but really, its just dreaming.

The body does WEIRD things sometimes.

Hope that was half understandable. lol

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had something like that except it wasn't creepy

I woke semi up, and it felt like my bed was doing the wave, and I was hallucinating that it was at the beach. Then I felt I was standing, and I got the impression I was gonna fall, so I woke up.

But it felt so real.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
REM, thats what it is. I used to get that too. Its where your dreaming but something wakes you up and your still in the dream so you are seeing shit but you can't move. I used to get that a lot, until I figured out what happens and I finally push my brain to kick my leg over to wake me up. Once you get them alot its really easy to get out of them. Its REM (Rapid Eye Movement).

"Yes, yes. Do a search on the forums for sleep paralysis. It is something that can be related to narcolepsy. In normal REM sleep the body paralizes itself so the dreamer cannot act out dreams. Most people aren't aware of this as they are asleep. If there is a REM disorder involved the mind wakes up before the paralysis stops and hence you know what is going on around you, but you can't move or talk. It can be quite frightening. Hallucenations can also happen at this point, either when you are waking up or falling asleep. Mine happen when I am falling asleep. You are not crazy, but I would do some research under narcolepsy and suggest that you see a doctor for a polysomnography as well as a Multiple Sleep Latency test that checks for narcolepsy."

REM disorder, thats what it is.

Oh and there is no need for a doctor unless you get it alot, mine happen while I am going to sleep but they only happen every so often.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
it is an omen.
smile.gif

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This happens to me sometimes, I think it's to do with stress. I made a blog post here a while back, someone explained sleep paralysis then too.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
wow.
unsure.gif

Has anyone here ever gone to those dream interpreters?
I heard they provide insight psychologically, religiously, and how it can also come from natural everyday life.

Can you recall what you did earlier that day? or atleast anything that can connect you with this dream?

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
When you sleep and dream, your body is supposed to shut down all motor skills... so you don't run around and punch shit like you would in a dream. Now there are different levels over "shutdown," one of which is where people get panic attacks because they're brain "shuts down" too much... not that it REALLY does, but its a perception where your body is no longer working, and you either panic, or just jolt your body awake (i jolt, a LOT, when i try and fall asleep. Hell, just happened last night.)
most of the time when I jolt awake, it feels like someone just slapped my face.

MoonCat5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a dream like that a few years ago when I first moved to my dad's house. I had a dream I woke up in the middle of the night to a bad dream so I went to the bathroom to get a drink of water then when I looked in the mirror I looked... different. The reflection was pale and my hair was darker, then the reflection thrust out it's arm then started to choke me and said "I'll be back..." then when I woke up my neck was really warm kinda like someone's hands had been there.

But yeah, dreams can be weird like that. When I dream it's either of what will happen tommorow and I'll remember it the second before it happens or it's kinda like what you had. Maybe you ate somethin bad. 0_0 whenever I eat pizza at 1am I usually get crazy dreams.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MoonCat5 said:
I had a dream like that a few years ago when I first moved to my dad's house. I had a dream I woke up in the middle of the night to a bad dream so I went to the bathroom to get a drink of water then when I looked in the mirror I looked... different. The reflection was pale and my hair was darker, then the reflection thrust out it's arm then started to choke me and said "I'll be back..." then when I woke up my neck was really warm kinda like someone's hands had been there.

But yeah, dreams can be weird like that. When I dream it's either of what will happen tommorow and I'll remember it the second before it happens or it's kinda like what you had. Maybe you ate somethin bad. 0_0 whenever I eat pizza at 1am I usually get crazy dreams.
I want your dreams. Like a budget horror movie every month!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...