Weird question on Walmart return policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is fraud any way you look at it. the vita broke in your pocket. you had it on your person and it broke. therefore, it's your fault, not walmart's or sony's...
Yeah, cuz charging 130$ for repairs which is almost the price for an entire PSVita is totally not a fraud nor stealing.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work in service and repair of electronics (industrial lasers) and I would be VERY surprised if the sticker on the back is the only record of a unit in manufacturing. We can trace our end serial numbers from the frikken serial numbers of the PCBs inside for example. If you change the stickers and pay with a credit card (WHY would you do that when considering fraud ? Instant traceability right there!) it could be traced back to you.
I payed with cash. The only thing they got is my cellphone number. Not too worried.
And yes you can check the serial number if not inside then on the system's software.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People telling me how I'm committing fraud... on a forum that is basically set on the grounds of "how to play pirated games". Tell me otherwise, I know, you own the game, but the premise is still there.
Everyone does it, besides it was an accident and the repairs are ridiculous, fuck what others think, do your own scheme and get a new psvita along with cash back, kinda like a replacement.

I bought a ps2 before and it started freezing and scratching my dvd's, the store wouldn't even replace the console even when i tried returning it.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because someone has more money than you makes it okay to steal from them? You sound like one of those little fucks who steal from their parents to buy weed.
Funny, I've never stolen a thing from my parents (Save a couple quarters for a pop when I was in 8th grade, maybe? Send me to hell for it please) and there's a difference between "because someone has more money than you it makes it okay to steal from them" and what happened here - by selling me a faulty device then asking money to fix it, they are stealing from ME. Gofuckyaself and if you don't like the thread, leave it.

Reactions: Yepi69

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just because someone has more money than you makes it okay to steal from them? You sound like one of those little fucks who steal from their parents to buy weed.
So basically they have more money than us so if they steal us more money its correct but they, a rich company, if we try to steal from them its wrong?
Grow up.

Reactions: imranh101

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I like how you saw the weed leaf in my DP so u decided to try and use that to add to your argument and assassinate my character. Anyway did you even read the thread? He had it in his pocket and it cracked THATS FAULTY so what is a warranty for? if he has to pay?... like i said before BAHHHH BAHHH sheep all stick together.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I like how you saw the weed leaf in my DP so u decided to try and use that to add to your argument and assassinate my character. Anyway did you even read the thread? He had it in his pocket and it cracked THATS FAULTY so what is a warranty for? if he has to pay?... like i said before BAHHHH BAHHH sheep all stick together.
When people start losing argument they target the profile picture :)

Still just ignore him, stupid people are stupid, stealing from a rich company is wrong, but doing otherwise is correct (according to him)

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny, I've never stolen a thing from my parents (Save a couple quarters for a pop when I was in 8th grade, maybe? Send me to hell for it please) and there's a difference between "because someone has more money than you it makes it okay to steal from them" and what happened here - by selling me a faulty device then asking money to fix it, they are stealing from ME. Gofuckyaself and if you don't like the thread, leave it.

First of all, I never suggested that you stole from your parents.

Secondly, you bought the PSP nearly a year ago. If it recently broke in your pocket, that doesn't mean the device was defective. Things don't just break. If they did, it would have done it a year ago when you first bought it.

I don't buy for a second that it just broke. This whole thread is just a circlejerk of scammers validating eachother's shitty rational. You just want someone to confirm your guilty conscience that you aren't a horrible human being. If you wanted an actual debate on whether or not you should do this, you wouldn't be asking people to leave your thread when they disagree with your views.

Just go to Wal-Mart, return the PSP, and feel real good about yourself. Hopefully you don't believe in Karma, or you might one day feel what it's like to be on the other end of a scam.

Reactions: chavosaur

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So tomorrow I take it back. Best outcome : They say yes and give me cash back.
Worst outcome : They say yes and give me a replacement.
Worst outcome that some people here think : They say "HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!" and somehow magically know it's not the same one, tackle me, hold me down till police get there, and I get arrested.
I can then sell the replacement on Craigslist for like 220 and will have "paid" 30 for the repair.

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Secondly, you bought the PSP nearly a year ago. If it recently broke in your pocket, that doesn't mean the device was defective. Things don't just break. If they did, it would have done it a year ago when you first bought it.

I don't buy for a second that it just broke. This whole thread is just a circlejerk of scammers validating eachother's shitty rational. You just want someone to confirm your guilty conscience that you aren't a horrible human being. If you wanted an actual debate on whether or not you should do this, you wouldn't be asking people to leave your thread when they disagree with your views.

Just go to Wal-Mart, return the PSP, and feel real good about yourself. Hopefully you don't believe in Karma, or you might one day feel what it's like to be on the other end of a scam.

Like I said, you won't believe me, but what matters is I know the truth. Like those people who go to jail without ever commiting the crime? Because they are THE ONE who "did" it but they know they didnt? Yeah it's like that. I know I didnt even if it is physically impossible to prove. I'm not asking people if I should do it or not (I already did anyways) I was asking if there was something I was missing that would cause my plan to work.
And you know what? I DO believe in karma. I was abused from when I was born up until age 17 by my father. Mentally, physically. I finally after 17 years was able to move away from him and my life has been getting better ever since. When I don't get caught, I'll know it was karma watching my back and still making up for all the shit I had to put up with. I HAVE been scammed before, but only by other people. You know what it's like for me to "Scam" the entire company of Sony? Nothing. They make as much as I "scammed" back in probably about a half of a second. I don't feel one bit bad.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Snap out of it, if you are stupid people take advantage of you, if you are not then the tables get turned.

They are rich and they do not care about it, as you read, they refurbish broken consoles and then they sell them back, so basically he's just TRADING HIS CONSOLE.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically they have more money than us so if they steal us more money its correct but they, a rich company, if we try to steal from them its wrong?
Grow up.

They aren't stealing from anyone. The put out a product, consumers purchase it. Why should Sony give out free devices to undeserving people? Physical damage is never covered by any standard warranty from any company. Are they all crooks? Do you enjoy living completely void of purchasing anything from major retailers?

Still just ignore him, stupid people are stupid, stealing from a rich company is wrong, but doing otherwise is correct (according to him)

Are you honestly too dumb to misunderstand my facetious remarks about stealing from old ladies? Holy shit, you're dense!

imranh101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't stealing from anyone. The put out a product, consumers purchase it. Why should Sony give out free devices to undeserving people? Physical damage is never covered by any standard warranty from any company. Are they all crooks? Do you enjoy living completely void of purchasing anything from major retailers?

Are you honestly too dumb to misunderstand my facetious remarks about stealing from old ladies? Holy shit, you're dense!
So if physical damage isn't covered by warranty as you say, what happens if I buy direct from sony and it comes in and the thing is broken?? "Too fucking bad asshole no warranty"? No, it DOES have a warranty, they just get to bend it how they want. "Free devices to undeserving people"? Sorry I didn't realize working for monthes to save up for a Vita, buying it on release day at 250 then it breaking later and them replacing it at nearly NO COST TO THEM would be "a free device to an undeserving person".

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Maybe the screen of his PSVita was faulty and the console doesn't break for itself unless it got a light push on his pocket, in which I doubt about it,

Also this ''my facetious remarks about stealing from old ladies?'' I wasn't quoting you on ''stealing old ladies'' I was quoting you on stealing rich companies, read better next time.

Anyways, if you like being pushed around by other people and you like paying almost the full price of a console to send the console to repair in which it still HAS GOT WARRANTY and it broke on a ACCIDENT then go ahead and give him 130$ so he can pay Sony to repair his console, if that gives you peace on mind.

BTW, he's returning it either you like it or not so your attempts to defend yourself using those ''stealing'' remarks are of no use.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if physical damage isn't covered by warranty as you say, what happens if I buy direct from sony and it comes in and the thing is broken?? "Too fucking bad asshole no warranty"? No, it DOES have a warranty, they just get to bend it how they want. "Free devices to undeserving people"? Sorry I didn't realize working for monthes to save up for a Vita, buying it on release day at 250 then it breaking later and them replacing it at nearly NO COST TO THEM would be "a free device to an undeserving person".

What you are describing is a factory defective unit. That is why stores have 14-day return policies. You could call yours that if it had broken in the first two weeks. But it happened 11 months in.

You paid for your first device, yes. I am very proud of you for not outright stealing it. However, you broke it, and you have to pay for the consequences. The second device would be the free device to an undeserving person, ie. you, for breaking your first device.

You stated you have a job. Why not just do the honest thing and pay for the repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P