What alarm clock do you have?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being no factory robot I turn up and do when I feel like it.

Got an old combined radio-clock thing I sometimes have on (for years it sat in a box) and has an alarm if I need one to get up for a flight/ferry/whatever but even then I am usually awake in time to watch it happen.

Don't have a phone so can't use one of those, however they are really quiet whenever I hear one so doubt it would do much.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have setup my phone to act as my alarm using a flow in automagic.
It turns on my bedside lamp in a sunrise mode, connects to a Bluetooth speaker, starts playing my music at a certain volume slowly rising within the first minute (as to not blast me out of the bed with music) - it continues playing and after 30 minutes it uses text2speech to remind me to leave the bed. About an hour after the alarm starts, music will stop, Bluetooth speaker gets disconnected and light turns off.

This all happens daily Monday-Friday, unless I have a bank holiday or vacation set up in my calendar (I.e. The automation checks if I actually have to get up)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A near 40 Years old Radio Controlled "Wecker" from the Volksbank ("World Savings Day").:)

P1020189.JPG

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hah, using unreliable technology for waking up.
Just get a cat!
Works well until you leave them out at night (got all the mice in the shed), they abandon you in favour of someone else in the house (though to be fair I was on the curry so can't blame them), someone else in the house is leaving earlier still and do you a favour by feeding them before they leave (but not so early they try for a double feeding), they wake you up by retching because they are cats (fortunately my bed was by a window, even if being clawed because they think you are throwing them out of it* during their time of need is no fun), by pissing because they are old and demented (by far my least favourite way I have ever been woken up, and that includes having been stung in the ear by a wasp) or their stomach clocks refuse to acknowledge daylight savings/go off ahead of time**.

*was even a sloped roof that she would walk along if you left the other window open.

**the smarter ones might even deliberately claim their stomach clock is going off ahead of time.

Re cockerels. I live by a farm. The ones around here go all night and all day, and sometimes not at all.

better do GOT so song
Judge Dread - Up with the Cock

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Works well until you leave them out at night (got all the mice in the shed), they abandon you in favour of someone else in the house (though to be fair I was on the curry so can't blame them), someone else in the house is leaving earlier still and do you a favour by feeding them before they leave (but not so early they try for a double feeding), they wake you up by retching because they are cats (fortunately my bed was by a window, even if being clawed because they think you are throwing them out of it* during their time of need is no fun), by pissing because they are old and demented (by far my least favourite way I have ever been woken up, and that includes having been stung in the ear by a wasp) or their stomach clocks refuse to acknowledge daylight savings/go off ahead of time**.

*was even a sloped roof that she would walk along if you left the other window open.

**the smarter ones might even deliberately claim their stomach clock is going off ahead of time.

Re cockerels. I live by a farm. The ones around here go all night and all day, and sometimes not at all.

better do GOT so song
Judge Dread - Up with the Cock

Mine don't go outside so I don't have to worry about that.
I'm the only one that feeds them in the morning so I got that covered.
Them vomiting and the likes are all done on floors near litterboxes, not perfect but I can live it with.

I guess I can say I got some well behaved cats : D

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small collection of 5 Westclox Baby Bens that I bought last fall, for something to tinker with over the winter. I take them apart, clean the movement in an ultrasonic cleaner, reassemble, oil, then regulate for best time keeping. I've worked on two so far. One I gave to my daughter. This is the one I have on my bedside table. It's from 1959. Loses about 30 seconds a day, which is better than most of these things did right out of the box brand new.

20210312_093653.JPG

20210312_093637.JPG

But even though I keep this clock running, and the alarm works, and I use it to check the time many times a day, I depend on my phone for an alarm in the morning.

Eventually I'll get around to working on this one. It's from the late 20's.

20210312_093719.JPG

20210312_093735.JPG

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo