Hacking What am I doing wrong ?

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m on firmware 10.2 with SXOS 3.1 and I’ve installed YS IX and Mario Golf with Goldleaf 0.9. I thought installing with gold leaf removes the need to be on required firmware. It still asks me to update to latest firmware. I’ve never ran into this problem before.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably because you didn't blank out your serial # with like icognitio, or use a dns blocker that why it detected system/game update available.

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sxos isn't going to be supported any longer, just set up atmosphere with patches and update to the latest fw or if you don't want to update your sysnand create an emunand through hekate and update this one instead

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can put atmosphere in the same sd card,if you enconunter any issue during the process, do a backup of your data, format the sd and replace your files.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew needed to be recompile with libnx, so you should looks for newer version of the homebrew if there is any.

ok I’ll do that. And also Before I go about formatting my sdcard I was reading atmosphere works better with fat32. My card is Exfat for back in the days I relied on xci files when there was no USB loading. should I reformat my card (this would also mean reinstalling a whole bunch of nsps) or this shouldn’t have anything to do with why it’s crashing. ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I’ll do that. And also Before I go about formatting my sdcard I was reading atmosphere works better with fat32. My card is Exfat for back in the days I relied on xci files when there was no USB loading. should I reformat my card (this would also mean reinstalling a whole bunch of nsps) or this shouldn’t have anything to do with why it’s crashing. ?

FAT32 is the safer one out of the two, less headaches than using exFAT, you could install games larger than 4GB if you want by doing USB install by connecting an usb between your computer and switch, going with NSP long run will save you some space as NSP are smaller than XCI.

Last edited by Hayato213,

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i finally got around to doing it, reformated to Fat32, downloaded all the nros again, this still keeps happening whenever i launch a homebrew after going to atmosphere. works fine on SXOS except i cant get any of the newer games to work including SSHD. anything i can do? is it meant to say applet mode in homebrew menu?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 107

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get into the habit of patching new games with SAK tool app https://github.com/dezem/SAK , thats the only way they will work on sxos. Most ppl here wont tell you that b/c they are on Atmosphere. Anyway this tool will downgrade any new game or update to work on sxos

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to get into the habit of patching new games with SAK tool app https://github.com/dezem/SAK , thats the only way they will work on sxos. Most ppl here wont tell you that b/c they are on Atmosphere. Anyway this tool will downgrade any new game or update to work on sxos

i sort of want to fix whatever is happening with atmosphere now that i have that running since SXOS no longer supported in general. but thanks i didint know that tool existd ill download incase i cant fix Atmosphere.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i sort of want to fix whatever is happening with atmosphere now that i have that running since SXOS no longer supported in general. but thanks i didint know that tool existd ill download incase i cant fix Atmosphere.
You error log booting atmosphere looks like you’ve got theme installed, causing it to crash.., delete 100000000001000 folder in atmosphere/contents

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nope no themes. dont even have a contents folder in my atmsophere folder.
How did you update/ install atmosphere ? Try a fresh install deleting atmosphere folder and sept folder . Applet mode is default behaviour when opening album, you need to launch a game by pressing R or L and maintaining until albumipen in full access ram.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you update/ install atmosphere ? Try a fresh install deleting atmosphere folder and sept folder . Applet mode is default behaviour when opening album, you need to launch a game by pressing R or L and maintaining until albumipen in full access ram.

was a fresh install formatted my microSD to fat32 as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the...