What are your most wanted source code leaks?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can kind of see the appeal of having 3DS sources that will eliminate the need for seedmining once and for all. Otherwise I can't see much point.

For instance, it would be great if it was possible to replicate StreetPass using any old wireless device, but technically that can already be done – it's just a huge amount of really difficult work. And what the heck is so exciting about being able to port one game or another if you've already played it a dozen times before and any port is practically indistinguishable from emulation anyway?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Whatever digital infrastructure Amazon uses so we can easily hack them and hopefully cripple the whole company.

Also Bubsy 3D
Jeff Bezos seems to be concerned about child workers, and is likely doing what they can to stamp it out especially because it'll look bad for the company. Amazon is a big company and has lots of factories around the world, sometimes lower level employees/employers do things that the ceo's or the company as a whole don't agree with.

Last edited by SG854,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And what the heck is so exciting about being able to port one game or another if you've already played it a dozen times before and any port is practically indistinguishable from emulation anyway?
A port can be taken beyond what would be a faithful recreation of the original. Doom has been getting more-and-more-enhanced versions for decades, and look what enhancements have already been done to Mario 64 since (decompiled, not official released or leaked) source code became available for that pretty recently.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doom has been getting more-and-more-enhanced versions for decades, and look what enhancements have already been done to Mario 64 since (decompiled, not official released or leaked) source code became available for that pretty recently.
You don't necessarily need source code for that, though. Skyrim has gotten plenty of enhancements without making code available, and there were lots of elaborate hacks for Mario 64 before the complete source code was re-created.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't necessarily need source code for that, though. Skyrim has gotten plenty of enhancements without making code available, and there were lots of elaborate hacks for Mario 64 before the complete source code was re-created.
Sure, you're right, it's still possible, just MUCH harder. And however elaborate the Mario hacks were, they weren't in high definition on multiple platforms with analogue camera controls and etc etc.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There's a big huge difference between a game engine designed to accept modifications, and older games that will have issues with that. And while there are plenty of SM64 romhacks around, none of them are as advanced as the source code port mods, because we actually know how the game works and can modify the source to allow for a lot more modifications than just simply adding some levels or swapping a few textures.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
none of them are as advanced as the source code port mods
Are there really that many of those already..?

My point is that people have been playing the same fifteen courses for the last twenty-five years already, and that there's far more variety to be had in "simply adding some levels", which does not seem to have required the source code. But that's just my opinion.

WiiExpertise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 518296

Developer of MC Addons Manager
Trophies
XP
If any of these source code were leaked, I would be interested to Windows 7 and 10, and Animal Crossing Wild World.
I'm curious to discover how it works, and all of these things :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D