What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Started playing Mario 64, camera controls are a bit confusing for me but I'm getting the hang of it. Beat the first Boss.

Funny you mention this game... My girlfriend and I just started a playthrough of this on Sunday. :D She's never played it before, and I've never 100%'d it, so I figured this would be a great time to do so.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I also recently reacquired my original copy of the game, thanks to my brother (apparently my mom gave it away to my cousins, who fortunately never played it... typical), and hope to replay the game on that pretty soon, just so I can feel at ease having finally beat my original copy of the game.
Pretty cool you reacquired your original cart, I still have my launch Zelda OOT, remember picking it up at midnight. Don't believe I'll ever part with it.lol

Also I'm about half way done with my 100% run on mario 3d world, the worst thing I hate about it is the fact I have to replay every level with all the characters. So I end up playing each level atleast 5 times, very time consuming (I refuse to use the bubble trick I feel thats cheating).

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool you reacquired your original cart, I still have my launch Zelda OOT, remember picking it up at midnight. Don't believe I'll ever part with it.lol
I also have the original expansion pack that came with the launch bundle. The game and this particular cartridge and expansion pack are incredibly important to me not only for the reason I mentioned before, but also because it was the last Christmas gift I got from my Grandma before she died the following year. It was also the only Zelda game that I got anywhere near close to launch, until A Link Between Worlds came out this year, so I was incredibly hyped for it.

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure if it counts as gaming but I finally finished/caught up with Homestuck. God that shit is long. Took freaking forever.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I started playing Portal: Still Alive on XBLA today... and beat it, in one go.

It was only about 3 and a half hours and cost $15, but it was a really good 3 and a half hours, and $15 well-spent. People aren't exaggerating when they say this game is incredible, and it was certainly a great game to start the New Year off with!

I can't wait to get to the single player campaign of Portal 2 (my girlfriend and I already started the Co-op Testing Initiative yesterday)!

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Meh...bought "the Stanley parable" on steam sale. I'm kind of regretting it, now. :unsure:

I know I'm not that far in the game yet, but I'm not as impressed as all the critics.

It started out that my character had some serious seizures. Or so I thought. As it turns out, this is a bug if you have the program vJoy installed (to stop it, open up device manager, go to 'Human Interface Devices' and disable vJoy Device before starting the game).

But it didn't get better afterwards. As it turns out, you play as the world's largest dolt. And you're being narrated by Michael Cain (actually Kevan Brighting), who feels the need to pepper it in at every attempt you take at actually DOING SHIT.

I don't mind games where your actions are limited (Dear Esther and the first part of antichamber come to mind), but this is fucking stupid.

Narrator: "Stanley just liked to press buttons."
On screen display: "press B"
Me: <presses every other key...no reaction>
Me: what the fuck...I'm not Pavlov's dog, asshole.
Me: ...
Me: *sigh*
Me: <presses B>
Narrator: "bla, bla, bla, Stanley - that's you - was pathetic and boring. He just wanted to get on with his work."
On screen display: "press X"
Me: fuck you! if I wanted this, I would've bought typing of the dead! *quits game* Yeah...you didn't think I would let a game tell me I don't have a choice, did ya? :nayps3:

Reactions: weavile001

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
On hardware news: I'm set with my PS2 phat with HDD and got everything working, from Free HDboot(a HDD variant of Free MCboot) to Codebreaker(to use widescreen fixes and...... funny stuff :tpi:).
I'm using the new HDD-OSD method to load games and works really well and clean, to give you and idea is like game forwarders on Wii or XMB on PSP, a HDD icon appear where you normally manage your memory cards with 3D icons like the ones used by the saves on the memory card(you can even rip those icons and use it for the games). even though this method has like a year since was discovered is still a WIP and a pain to setup, but once you have all ready and see how good and clean looks you know was worth it. I'm still copying games to the HDD, got a 200gb one so I need to make good use of it ;)
I'll probably post a tutorial of how to do it, just don't get you hopes high if you have a PS2 slim because is only for phat consoles with ethernet adapter and internal HDD.
Now on gaming news: I been playing with that PS2(yes is used for that too, not only for the joy of hacking, even when I enjoy more the hacking process that playing actual games). played Black and looks pretty good for a PS2 game, has been one of the games I saw at a friend's house and wanted to play but couldn't because I never looked to the console territory that much, I was part of the PC MUSTARD RACE at that time.
other game that worth a shot was Gran Turismo 4, since I know that this game supported 1080i on PS2 I was like "really?? a PS2 doing 1080 even when the Gamecube is more powerful and can't even do 720" so it was one of the first games I copied and OMG looks fantastic, even though is very jagged for the lack of antialiasing, ignoring that the game looks amazing seeing that a PS2 is doing the job.
other games that were a must are DDR Extreme and MAX2 as my cousin still has a dance math and I was a good player on my days of youth(WTF I'm 23 and already feel old). also the typical fighting games like MvsC2, Arcana heart, King of fighters XI(<3 Momoko) and Guilty gear XX AC+ and Cave shmups like Mishihime and Espgaluda.
if anyone has game suggestions please tell me as my knowledge of PS2 games isn't big and only know the always mentioned games and the ones that were ported to PS3. I play almost anything but RTS and SRPG(except Disgaea, but I already have those on PSP and Vita).

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been a while since I updated, but with exams coming up I didn't really achieve a lot in gaming.

Caught a shitload of pokemon across several versions during study breaks. Apparently also very lucky because I got 5 shiny's in 10 days (played about 1.5 hours each day). Eevee, krabby, hoothoot, wingul and ghastly.
Played on my copy of Attack of the Saiyans and beat Radditz. Beat the game on emulator once, but my OCD insists on having an actual complete save-file on the actual card too, now I bought it.

As excercise for my programming I started making a database (and wishlist) for my games. It saves the name, developer, if I finished it, personal score, etc.
It can also display 3 random games I haven't finished yet, out of which I have to choose what to play next, it has a search function and can directly place games from the wishlist to the collection if I buy them. Thinking of other nice functions at the moment.
I know it's nothing impressive, but I've just started programming so give me a break :P

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally! i kept playing League of legends since january 1..... oh well.
started playing Final Fantasy IX, great game so far, i´m on the castle at lindblum.
reached the Dragon Abyss on Hexyz Force... the Boss before it was Extremly Difficult because i didn´t had any water attacks( the boss is a sand worm BTW)
and started playing Dragon quest V... 10 minutes in...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought an xbox 360 from an old friend. Black elite model, 2 pads, couple of games, not bad for £60. It does occasionally crash, but to be fair it's not been used or even cleaned for several years, so it's probably just dusty. May only have 2 games (Dead Space 2 and CoD WaW) I still have access to my old download history, so I got back all my old downloads. A few indie titles, Scott Pilgrim, Sonic 4, and my all time favourite racer, Outrun Online Arcade. You can't even buy that any more, it was taken off Live and PSN 2 years ago when the Ferrari license expired. So I'm really happy I was able to get it back. It's kind of a side project to pick up some of my old faves like Tales of Vesperia. It may not be perfect with the technical issues, but about as good as I can expect for only £60 when it's been sat idle for so long.

Reactions: Satangel

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Completed getting my fifth Shinny Star on my file for Mario 3d World yesterday.I'll put the rest in a spoiler.
Which I kind of find odd sense I haven't yet completed Crown World. I've done everything else but complete that particular world. Ended up Rage quitting on Crown-Crown for now but the more I play it the easy it gets. Them Damn blocks get on my nerves.lol I'm honestly not sure how long it will take me to beat these 3 levels in World Crown I'd figure at least a day or two with all the characters which I do plan on doing for my 100%

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Finally finished my 100% run on Mario 3d World, with every character solo (no bubble tricks). yay
Total Playtime-76:28
Lives Lost-635

zrfu.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally located the last two chocobos I need for my collection. With any luck, 24 hours from now I'll be celebrating the end of a 17 year mission to complete the set.

Finished the last of the DLC for Arkham City so I sold it alongside some other stuff, needed the cash. Aside from that not much done today, been mostly focused on cleaning my place.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Finally finished my 100% run on Mario 3d World, with every character solo (no bubble tricks). yay
Total Playtime-76:28
Lives Lost-635

zrfu.jpg

You could've posted that on Miiverse and then you'd have a screenshot of that instead, which is much easier.

Like this:

zlCfzRWmuLEKLGnabn

I dunno why I keep seeing Luigis fall off the screen but that's kinda annoying.

By the way, I accomplished finding that damned stamp which was hidden so I kinda cheated the game and watched a video to know where it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp