What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, so many posts I missed... why does GBAtemp keep randomly not notifying me of replies to this thread, even though I have it on "watched"? :hateit:
I've been wondering this as well. I think it's because we may get more than one notification, and check one but forget about the notification for this one, and that in order to receive more notifications we have to click on the last notification from this thread that we got.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Reserved a 3DS XL to be collected tomorrow, and i'm still trying to talk myself out of it, and then i talk myself back into getting it.

Jeez...talk about making your mind up!

Anyway, as it stands now, i'm making the purchase tomorrow :unsure:

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked at my reflexes in Meat Boy, then proceeded to upstage players in Castlevania HD, maxing out all of Shanoa's subweapons in the process.

Felt good to get another skill-grind character out of the way.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Been in hospital again all day and thus unable to play, but now that I'm finally home I have every intention of going through Warhammer 40K Fire Warrior on my PS2 in one shot, then moving on to whatever game I randomly pluck from the big bag of 20-odd new games I picked up the other day. No idea where to start with that collection so picking one entirely at random seems as good a way to decide as any, really.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reserved a 3DS XL to be collected tomorrow, and i'm still trying to talk myself out of it, and then i talk myself back into getting it.

Jeez...talk about making your mind up!

Anyway, as it stands now, i'm making the purchase tomorrow :unsure:
If it helps at all, here's my personal advice (I've been a longtime owner of both): The only reason to get the original is if either A) you have small hands, B) you have tiny pockets (and pocket-carrying is important to you), or C) both. The 3DS XL has far comfier triggers and dpad, better stylus placement, and is less prone to fingerprints. it's also got better resolution scaling for DS games, from what I hear.

Personally, I'm happy I switched to the XL because I have large hands (the original just hurt my poor index fingers and the space between my index fingers and my thumbs, especially when playing trigger heavy games, like Kid Icarus or Zelda 3D), and I have large pockets. but if you have small hands and small pockets, you might want to consider the original.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
If it helps at all, here's my personal advice (I've been a longtime owner of both): The only reason to get the original is if either A) you have small hands, B) you have tiny pockets (and pocket-carrying is important to you), or C) both. The 3DS XL has far comfier triggers and dpad, better stylus placement, and is less prone to fingerprints. it's also got better resolution scaling for DS games, from what I hear.

Personally, I'm happy I switched to the XL because I have large hands (the original just hurt my poor index fingers and the space between my index fingers and my thumbs, especially when playing trigger heavy games, like Kid Icarus or Zelda 3D), and I have large pockets. but if you have small hands and small pockets, you might want to consider the original.

The only thing is i have the Ambassador 3DS, so i'm trying to justify the cost to myself of the XL, i prefer the XL as i have the DSiXL and i love them larger screens and the 3DS size doesn't feel right now that i'm used to the larger screens.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Got my S-class licence on Sonic all star racing transformed and unlocked Ages.

Been waiting for the 3DS version of that to show up. Now I find out it's been delayed til February or some crap. RAAAAAAAGE!

As for me, today in gaming....uhh...never actually got round to playing Fire Warrior. Had a rummage through my new games and confirmed the following things:

- Need For Speed ProStreet is trying way too hard to be Gran Turismo for my liking.
- The Simpsons Skateboarding IS as bad as it looks.
- That Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow game works, but I can't bring myself to actually care beyond that.
- I suck at Hitman games. Suck beyond all hope. I'm like the ill-advised lovechild created from a messed up menage a trois with a Dyson hoover, a black hole, and an Essex slag, the three suckiest entities in the universe.

Since today (gone midnight here) is technically Christmas Eve, I really should go and do something with the day, but chances are I'll spend it staring blankly into space, preferably in my own home for once instead of a damn hospital bed, and maybe testing out some of the other games.

D

Deleted_171835

Completed Mass Effect.

Holy fuck, I'm in awe. The atmosphere and scale of everything is amazing. And that ending was truly epic.

Gameplay itself wasn't that good (and fuck the Mako) but no biggie. It was worth playing through for the story.

Saved Wrex since he's a BAMF, saved Ashley (although I'm starting to regret it) and chose Captain Anderson.
Now to play Mass Effect 2.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modded this badass thing. My hands are burning, but its so worth it. Now to learn how to use it....

Also beat Lagiacruz and Rathian on my first try in Monster Hunter Tri :lol:

20481_310135219088213_1962830283_n.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds. +1