• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do yall think of RFK Jr ?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think he went off the deep end quite a while ago. Conspiracy theories are what the lazy man substitutes for intellectualism to make themselves feel special/unique. As if RFK Jr himself wasn't example enough of that, he's reportedly looking at Aaron Rodgers to be his running mate.

On the bright side, he's much more likely to siphon votes away from Trump than anyone else.

salazarcosplay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He’s 70, my only opinion is that he shouldn’t be involved with politics and should be living his life in retirement
for him I think it is justifiable. If he went to politics earlier hw would have gotten himself killed, now that hes lived out his life it doesn't matter. He can risk it now

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
for him I think it is justifiable. If he went to politics earlier hw would have gotten himself killed, now that hes lived out his life it doesn't matter. He can risk it now
I literally don’t care what’s going on. My default position is that no one should be in politics at the age of 70.

Reactions: supermist

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Who knows either CIA killed him or CIA brute forced Harvey Oswald to kill John Kennedy.
By reinterpreting his & their some people words that also blamed for instance back then UFOs’/Aliens.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
... Who?

Okay, better yet: why should i care?

Not to piss you of with your questions, but i can spam this section as well with "what do y'all think of Conner Rousseau, Bart De Wever or Alexander De Croo?" and clickbait people into researching Belgian politics.

To circle back on-topic: rfk isn't relevant in local us policies (and i fucking read books on us politics), so... Why?

salazarcosplay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Who?

Okay, better yet: why should i care?

Not to piss you of with your questions, but i can spam this section as well with "what do y'all think of Conner Rousseau, Bart De Wever or Alexander De Croo?" and clickbait people into researching Belgian politics.

To circle back on-topic: rfk isn't relevant in local us policies (and i fucking read books on us politics), so... Why?
If You do not care, why comment at all. I simply wanted commenters to provide their opinion, point of view, perspective, to promote positive discussion that was either in favor or against the topic of discussion.

To acknowledge your statement, I will look a bit into Belgian politics.

I think RFK JR, has the excuse of not being in politics because his family has experience assassinations. Now that he has lived out his life, and feels satisfied with the life he has lived, he is going into politics, because if he gets killed he had already done the other things he wanted to in life.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard pass. RFK may identify as independent now, but that's very clearly a surface-level change to appeal to younger voters and distance himself from his own alt-right views. He's an advocating anti-vaxxer, for instance, which usually either signals a lack of trust in the government/medical fields (which, as we saw with how Trump handled the pandemic, usually sows seeds of doubt and distrust en masse) or general stupidity/unwillingness to learn how and why vaccines work the way they do. Neither of those are good qualities for any person of power--certainly not one as high as the POTUS.

This example doesn't define him, of course, but he is a believer in other similarly-rooted conspiracy theories which is detrimental for anyone who claims to represent the majority of the country.

So, my verdict? He's no better than the rest of them and has provided no reasoning to suggest otherwise. Throw him out with the rest.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's an advocating anti-vaxxer, for instance,

Trump handled the pandemic, usually sows seeds of doubt and distrust en masse) or general stupidity/unwillingness to learn how and why vaccines work the way they do. Neither of those are good qualities for any person of power--certainly not one as high as the POTUS.
What are you rambling on about now? Just how did Trump handle the pandemic any worse than Biden? How can you talk so much smack against anti-vaxers, and in the same breath talk smack about the guy who is responsible for operation warp speed? If there's anything at all you need to give Trump credit for, it's that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/operation-warp-speed-trump-pfizer-moderna-vaccine-1.5806820

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you rambling on about now? Just how did Trump handle the pandemic any worse than Biden? How can you talk so much smack against anti-vaxers, and in the same breath talk smack about the guy who is responsible for operation warp speed? If there's anything at all you need to give Trump credit for, it's that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/operation-warp-speed-trump-pfizer-moderna-vaccine-1.5806820
Whoa, hey. No need to get up in arms.

First of all, yes, the Trump administration had a lot to do behind Operation Warp Speed. However, it was his organization, not just him, and notably in collaboration with other agencies and groups. Trump, per se, was not singlehandedly responsible for Operation Warp Speed.

Secondly, your statement discounts the rather scattered and indecisive months leading up to Warp Speed's announcement. Trump's initial response, as well as the Trump Administration's to the pandemic was delayed and minimizing, crippling any early advantages the U.S. may have had in stopping the spread. Trump inconsistently encouraged safety measures such as working from home and social distancing, and encouraged state governments to make decisions for themselves (which led to wildly varying guidelines from state to state, and is generally seen as a bad move). Trump's hesitance to stop the pandemic from the get go led to much worse conditions in the U.S. later.

By contrast, Biden largely encouraged and enforced safety guidelines and mandates to the best of his ability. He was much less swayed by outstanding factors and encouraged a universal approach. He wasn't given a terribly ideal handoff, but he emphasized the safety of Americans at large over individualistic approaches. Ultimately, this proved to be a more effective approach.

Trump's views on vaccination are, if anything, inconsistent. The overwhelming majority of anti-vaxxers hold extremely right-wing views as well, which suggests a correlation (a correlation that extends to far-right politicians as well). This was true even before the pandemic.

Trump is far from some vaccine-endorsing godsend responsible for kickstarting the U.S. response to the pandemic. If anything, he's one of the primary reasons why it became such a politicized issue in the first place. Was he a driving force behind Operation Warp Speed? Absolutely. However, did his approach before that (and after, to a limited extent) hinder U.S. action and cause politicized division over vaccines? Yes. There's no doubt in my mind.
Post automatically merged:

I think RFK JR, has the excuse of not being in politics because his family has experience assassinations. Now that he has lived out his life, and feels satisfied with the life he has lived, he is going into politics, because if he gets killed he had already done the other things he wanted to in life.
This is bizarre and completely detached from how assassinations work and are conceived.
JFK was assassinated by a Communist sympathizer who saw Kennedy as a pillar of Capitalism, which he despised. If someone gets killed, it's usually because they presented some sort of problem. Being related to someone who was assassinated has no correlation for risk of assassination. What would that accomplish?

Besides, RFK is a political nobody. Kennedy was largely a productive President who gained reputation (and notoriety) for his efforts in office. He had strong opinions about Communism, which made an enemy out of Communist sympathizers. RFK is a conspiracy-driven washout who most Americans have all but forgotten about now.

Think about it. If Lee Oswald was still alive today, what motivation would he have to kill RFK? He isn't a tangible threat to Communism. There would be no point.

As disconnected as RFK is, I doubt his reason for running for office was "Hmm... I might get assassinated, but I've lived a long life so it isn't a big deal". That seriously makes zero sense on every level.

Last edited by AdenTheThird,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto