What do you want to see in the Switch's successor?

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I want it to be like a dockable 3DS. Some games like Fire Emblem benefit greatly from a second screen while other games like Mario Kart don't need one. The 3D effect would improve presentation in handheld mode. I doubt this will actually happen because producing two different interfaces for docked and handheld mode would lengthen development time and so would adding a 3D effect which you can only see in handheld mode and on 3D TV's.

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it to be like a dockable 3DS. Some games like Fire Emblem benefit greatly from a second screen while other games like Mario Kart don't need one. The 3D effect would improve presentation in handheld mode. I doubt this will actually happen because producing two different interfaces for docked and handheld mode would lengthen development time and so would adding a 3D effect which you can only see in handheld mode and on 3D TV's.
Instead of a 3DS, my top new feature would be to pull a reverse-Wii U and have the new Switch stream footage to the dock. That would accomplish the same thing as you want in allowing certain games to use a second screen (and a touch screen, no less).

My second highly requested feature would be a "Super Switch mode" where developers that have games on the OG Switch can patch them with better quality textures and/or performance for the next-gen Switch.

poughstings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just want it to be a switch with better hardware. I also want it to have a more robust UI thats cleaner, has more features (like USB Drive support for game save back ups and installs), and has UI music like the wii 3ds and wii u. Bring back streetpass. Add a cheapo camera and mic while your at it.

Oh, and make the Online for all games actually good. Something like an unlocked sim would be cool as well.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I just want it to be a switch with better hardware. I also want it to have a more robust UI thats cleaner, has more features (like USB Drive support for game save back ups and installs), and has UI music like the wii 3ds and wii u. Bring back streetpass. Add a cheapo camera and mic while your at it.

Oh, and make the Online for all games actually good. Something like an unlocked sim would be cool as well.
Just buy a Steam Deck, that will probably suit most of your needs.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3D is a thing of the past, unfortunately. It wasn't even supported in late 3DS games. Sad, as Nintendo had finally nailed it (stable 3D effect) on the New 3DS. Not to mention the 2DS line of hardware, which dropped the feature altogether.

To answer the question, as someone mentioned, I'd be satisfied with a more powerful Switch. Having a portable and a home console all-in-one is nice. But being limited to a tablet format, it will never be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft's consoles. I personally don't care about it, but people who want the greatest hardware need to look elsewhere.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
backwards compatibility (I know it will never happen but oh well)
I think it's extremely unlikely that it doesn't happen. Nintendo does weird stuff, but I don't see them cutting off that massive back catalogue. I'm also not that optimistic about any successor being released in the next 12 months. The current Switches are just selling too well.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's extremely unlikely that it doesn't happen. Nintendo does weird stuff, but I don't see them cutting off that massive back catalogue. I'm also not that optimistic about any successor being released in the next 12 months. The current Switches are just selling too well.
oh I thought we were talking about the next console, not the next Switch

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I wish it'll had backwards compatibility (at least to the digital library?), Steam Deck's performance, reasonable price and enough distribution to meet the demand.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube controller ports, backwards compatibility (I know it will never happen but oh well)
They should really do it considering GCN has been supported since the Wii, Wii U, and the Switch, too. Even if limited, but Nintendo could very well have GameCube games on the eShop and let gamers use their GCN controllers (and Wiimotes, too).

Hori made GCN-style Classic Controller for the Wiimote and it's awesome although many never knew about it since it wasn't released in the West:

61x9ANuCO7L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It's available in black, white, and blue. I have the black version.

Anyway, what I'd like for the next Switch:

- Controller with analog triggers.
- Backwards compatibility with DS, 3DS, and Switch games.
- Background menu music for the main menu and the eShop.
- GameCube games on the eShop and controller port on the dock.

And the Switch "2" in itself, just a major upgrade in terms of technology than a slight upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, unless you mean you are tired too +1