Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
gbatemp07.png

We're now on the verge of another year and GBAtemp has had quite a few changes this year to make the whole experience a lot better for you guys. But we can't stop there. We want to make GBAtemp the best place it can possibly be. The GBAtemp staff would like to hear just exactly what YOU want from GBAtemp in 2007.

What can we improve? What features would you like? What are we doing well?

eg: I would like more news about homebrew games on the portal.

We can't make any promises on the suggestions you come up with, but we do genuinely want to hear what the community at large would like to see for a better GBAtemp. So fire away with those suggestions!
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have contest more often...like with the Tetris DS tournament, how about another Wi-fi contests...I wanna pwn n00bs!
cry.gif

How about a Wii-related emoticon??

Here's to another year of this awesome site!
grog.gif

(PS: Taco stand, not gonna happen!)

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first and foremost i want to see a gbatemp calender with extremely hawt girls posing with the nds and flashcarts. considering that no hawt girls would ever do such, this is where your photoshop magic comes into play.

organized wifi events (tournys and game nights) would be the shizzy for nizzy. have someone organize the event and c reate post for whatever games are going to be played that way everyone can get friend codes days before the event takes place. i saw a few post regarding wifi nights in the forum however how many have actually taken place i have no idea.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you all for the suggestions so far!

We've already started discussing some of the ideas and there looks to be a few winners in there
smile.gif
We've got some great ideas cooking that we can't wait to share.

slightlyaskew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
homebrew is definately a winner for me.

as for the release list suggestions;

-how about a compatability 'field'? with a little icon for each flashcart suggesting yar or nay?
-let each registered user give a rating to each game out of 10, so you get a good idea how good it is
-screenshot for the game, or links to screens/reviews at ign, gamespot etc...
-links to reviews here on gbatemp
-each game could then have internal links for threads where it's being discussed or tips/cheats/trainers are posted on gbatemp too

MoNoXiD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I donno if it's just me but, in the NDS releases and GBA releases section, it would be nice to have a function where you click the column name (views, replies) and it sorts from highest to lowest. Other forums have this and it is a really nice function. (I like to view popularity).

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What about a monthly warez chart, to find out who are the hotest groups in the scene ? That could bring some other groups to the DS scene. Anyone remembers GAMER`S GUIDE from GP on the C64 ? Or the GBC release charts by CAPITAL ? Why is there no stuff like this nowhere anymore ?
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just suggest changing the name from GBATemp to something that covers all the systems we chat about here. I love the name but it doesn't represent well anymore. (Just a suggestion)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1