Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
gbatemp07.png

We're now on the verge of another year and GBAtemp has had quite a few changes this year to make the whole experience a lot better for you guys. But we can't stop there. We want to make GBAtemp the best place it can possibly be. The GBAtemp staff would like to hear just exactly what YOU want from GBAtemp in 2007.

What can we improve? What features would you like? What are we doing well?

eg: I would like more news about homebrew games on the portal.

We can't make any promises on the suggestions you come up with, but we do genuinely want to hear what the community at large would like to see for a better GBAtemp. So fire away with those suggestions!
smile.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im positive that this will never happend and they are really easy to find with a little research anyways. But it would have been cool if there was like a torrent file next to every release for it
biggrin.gif

Oh and the compability flashcart thing someone suggested is a great idea too. Like gbarl has for all their nds releases.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im positive that this will never happend and they are really easy to find with a little research anyways. But it would have been cool if there was like a torrent file next to every release for it
biggrin.gif
That won't happen due to the fact that it would be linking to warez.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Game of the Month should be brought back, I swear we had it before... perhaps the game with the most user votes, then a thread on discussion etc. Also to make the site more community-based I think it would be cool to have editorials or articles of some sort? Would be cool
smile.gif

StingX

Hates Technology
Trophies
Website
www.360voice.com
XP
Country
United States
Game of the Month should be brought back, I swear we had it before... perhaps the game with the most user votes, then a thread on discussion etc. Also to make the site more community-based I think it would be cool to have editorials or articles of some sort? Would be cool
smile.gif

Actually I used to do that with GBA releases un-officially
laugh.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
improve the gba/nds release list:
make it searchable and sortable
implement some filters
allow to show all release on one page
maybe option to export the list in some format (xml,cvs)
Seconded
smile.gif
I was just thinking this morning that "filter by region" would be pretty useful (Nintendo's official website list is rubbish).

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Screenshots with DS releases like the GBA had, I love to get a peek at what games look like without having to goto 50 different ad bogged down sites.
There is a reason why there is no screenshots with DS releases. The lack of a good working DS emulator as that was how the GBA screenshots were captured. I guess more tournaments on GBAtemp would be nice but it all depends on the games with WIFI ability.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about when there is a game released that there are maybe icons of every card and by those icons it has a percentage, kind of like a voting, then people that try it and say it works could put a vote in for their card, that way people wouldn't have to read all the way through the post and they could know if it worked for their card or not.

And the homebrew database would be really nice, If yall need any help with anything then ask cause this stuff is alot of work.

Some people have been talking about a release list, well if its what im thinking of then there is already one, not on GBATemp but on a website...http://gbalister.emubase.de/index.en.html NDS Releases are also there.

Possibly we could provide cheats/guides to games. But if each user posted cheats seperatley it would get really long. It would be nice if we could all edit one area, and everyone post under the last person, we would just have to be trustworthy, idk bad idea I guess. Maybe another way to displaying them.

We could also have a top game of the month for each console.

And (Im just popping out ideas now
smile.gif
) we could have a movie preview of the game, like when you start up to a game it says start now press button, well when you wait a little demo comes up, like when i filmed King of Fighters, we could have a area for a new release to have a video. The things we are listing the admins or administrators or what you wanna call them cant keep up with all of this.

-The Things I would Like Most
Some of the things I would like most that where posted and that I have thought of...

-Homebrew Database
-Flash Cart Compatability Displayed by Releases
-A Calander Showing Events (maybe tournaments or when a game will be released.)
-And maybe a way to show the hottest game that is being 'bought'.

Edit: Typo
wink.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A homebrewers database where members can get some & something that can auto-detect if you're using the ds / wii / other browsers made for machines that are severely underpowered so Gbatemp can give the site where it requires less bandwidth and less cpu from the remote client. Also for release threads 2 show the settings for flashcarts, where a user can check which flashcart compat. they want to see under ''my controls''
WII EMOTICON!

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's an example following the idea in my post about the Flash Carts Compatability. I think this could be done. I did a little photoshopping, but I really like it, it would be very useful. It could be very similar to this. Like as for voting you may have to click 'read' then vote, just however it works..heres the pic.

flashcartexamplews0.jpg

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a download section right next to the "home reviews guides releases search" at the top
biggrin.gif
whats there? Flashme, homebrew, latest batch dpg (with avi synth), moonshell etc
biggrin.gif

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like verocity's idea; when you click on one of the flash carts, it loads up in the release frame(or opens a new window) displaying the members names and the options they used, and they can add comments on there too, like if it freezes or if it lags or something.

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's an example following the idea in my post about the Flash Carts Compatability. I think this could be done. I did a little photoshopping, but I really like it, it would be very useful. It could be very similar to this. Like as for voting you may have to click 'read' then vote, just however it works..heres the pic.

flashcartexamplews0.jpg
Good idea, but won´t it be too "crowded" on the DS side with all these new cards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess