Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
gbatemp07.png

We're now on the verge of another year and GBAtemp has had quite a few changes this year to make the whole experience a lot better for you guys. But we can't stop there. We want to make GBAtemp the best place it can possibly be. The GBAtemp staff would like to hear just exactly what YOU want from GBAtemp in 2007.

What can we improve? What features would you like? What are we doing well?

eg: I would like more news about homebrew games on the portal.

We can't make any promises on the suggestions you come up with, but we do genuinely want to hear what the community at large would like to see for a better GBAtemp. So fire away with those suggestions!
smile.gif

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
As mentioned by others:
1) NDS game screens (like in offline list)
2) Listing of nds howebrew with screens; either link to the author page or host here
3) overview of settings to patch nds roms on the various cards, probably a b*tch to maintain but searchig the answer in the game topic is often chaotic
4) rating system for nds games

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay HugeCock , you idea is pretty stupid , im sorry for not being 18 and + but i think that i don't act like a stupid kid , and i know a lot of people here who are bellow 18 and act like civilized humans.

So then i think we should also ban people with some stupid and ''mature'' name like yours , wow hugecock , here a glass of grog for your ''matureness''
grog.gif

Oh and i second the homebrew database , and the rating system for DS games.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
honestly i think that you should start making usefull post and stop posting about tacos , could bring you some Warn % , Costello already said that wasn't in the Test board and that he wanted some usefull post.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a thought; wouldn't hosting homebrew downloads here either
a) Piss off the developers, or
b) Be a nightmare to keep up-to-date as apps are revised?
Maybe I've misunderstood the suggestion, but maybe it'd be better to have the database contain just a list of homebrew apps, a description of what they do and with links to the developer's sites (meaning the downloads would be done from those sites, not directly from GBATemp and hence keeping all readmes / useful info in the same place too)

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That would be nice too, but sometimes the developers site, are either really slow, or links are broken ion some cases, so we would have to mirror them, they'll probley have to 'hire' a seperate member to keep up with the Homebrew section if we are going to have one.

I just hope they do my works on idea with the different flash carts, and people can select if the game works on theirs, that would be an ideal thing and you wouldn't have to maintain it as much as a database.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
thats why I'm thinking only keep track of the best of each kind of topic. like heres what I was thinkin:

[ROM Trimmers] - 4 matches found! (< where "ROM Trimmers" is a search box/dropbox or something

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make something like My GBAtemp, thats completely customizable. For example only seeing posts from sections you want to see in the homepage, just nds releases rather than GBA and, "fake" Wii releases.

Julee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what GBAtemp needs is more girls. I would blame the guys here for never letting their ladies on but..who are we kidding, you guys dont have girlfriends
frown.gif

Nah, the sites fine as is. Newsletter could be cool, and the homebrew section aint a bad idea.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
what GBAtemp needs is more girls. I would blame the guys here for never letting their ladies on but..who are we kidding, you guys dont have girlfriends
frown.gif

hay hay hay! girls just dont find me appealing...
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
who am I kidding, you girls probably dont have boyfriends, and if you do, their not really boys.
rofl2.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif

I second that newzletter!
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

D

Deleted_11405

lol just what i wanted to see: the chick of my life ¿ yeah just as much gba/nds related from a till z

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a thought; wouldn't hosting homebrew downloads here either
a) Piss off the developers, or
b) Be a nightmare to keep up-to-date as apps are revised?
Maybe I've misunderstood the suggestion, but maybe it'd be better to have the database contain just a list of homebrew apps, a description of what they do and with links to the developer's sites (meaning the downloads would be done from those sites, not directly from GBATemp and hence keeping all readmes / useful info in the same place too)
Solution: Ask the developers and if they don't answer/don't want it, only put a link to their page (which should be included if there is a download from GBAtemp, too). Of course I haven't got a solution for the workload problem...

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is something that would definately attract some extra visitors (It was something I was seriously thinking to build a website on, just like I did with videos at www.kitvids.dl.am) : Post the settings to play a NDS rom on a certain flash card , like G6Lite: R/W, trim rom etc.. Now I always have to look up the release (takes a bit of time because you can't search very easily), and then I have to scroll through all the pages to search for someone that posted the G6 Lite settings (IF someone did!).

It's still faster than trying out myself with all the roms I put on my G6 Lite, but Gbatemp could be a real help here!
biggrin.gif

Da-Huntha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lostmoment.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How about fixing it so we can start at the FIRST comment (or post) on a DS or GBA game (thus it's topic) instead the last when clicking "READ". Or combine with like "Read first - Read last".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle