Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
gbatemp07.png

We're now on the verge of another year and GBAtemp has had quite a few changes this year to make the whole experience a lot better for you guys. But we can't stop there. We want to make GBAtemp the best place it can possibly be. The GBAtemp staff would like to hear just exactly what YOU want from GBAtemp in 2007.

What can we improve? What features would you like? What are we doing well?

eg: I would like more news about homebrew games on the portal.

We can't make any promises on the suggestions you come up with, but we do genuinely want to hear what the community at large would like to see for a better GBAtemp. So fire away with those suggestions!
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
dunno if this has already been mentioned but how about doing a gbasaves and allowing members to upload their game saves onto the site

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dunno if this has already been mentioned but how about doing a gbasaves and allowing members to upload their game saves onto the site

Wow yeah very cool idea, someone could beat a game like Need For Speed Carbon since all the stuff is unlocked and they could share it, (this is legal right?). Mm that would be another database, probley down the road. I think people wanna beat them theirselves though.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Homebrew news & downloads would be awesome.
smile.gif

And a suggestion that's not for the staff but can be realized by all members: When a new release is out, play it on your DS, record a video, put it on YouTube, post it. Would give a nice impression of the game and compensate for the lack of screenshots, even when taken by an amateur with a standard camera.

One more thing that is small but really bothers me: The topics in the lists on the frontpage NEED a direct link to the forum thread. I like being able to click the topic to display it above but many times I just do it to bring up the "Read" button. There should be enough space for a small colum to make browsing much more comfortable.
smile.gif

i like the posts by verocity on how to use the homebrew, guides etc, and a nds rating thing

.....oh and cake...i love cake
http://gbatemp.net/pie/

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it should be re-named to NINtemp or NINTENtempsomething the like. The site is more about all Nintendo consoles now than just the GBA. I also like the idea of a list of currently working flashcarts on the release page.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Didnt Thug used to run the GBAsaves.net/info or was it the PSP one? That was a good site. If they did this here, a staff member would definately have to manage the organization of it all. I'm all for user-submitted saves though
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Didnt Thug used to run the GBAsaves.net/info or was it the PSP one? That was a good site. If they did this here, a staff member would definately have to manage the organization of it all. I'm all for user-submitted saves though
smile.gif
he did both, dunno what happened with gbasaves though since it was pretty active at the time

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
oooh!!! oooh!!! oooh!!!
how about a recamended software/program page!!!

like some could post would they need to be done or what their looking for and people could give varified links, then with the links. GBAtemp downloads the software into an archive for further use so no more painful searching!!!
biggrin.gif
or they could search the program and GBAtemp could have a link to where you would download it!!! OR... GBAtemp could have a file server packed full of the varified "GOOD" software in ABC order just for this!!!
ohmy.gif
I didnt know I could blab soooooo much....
frown.gif
........ COOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PS: members should be aloud to write reviews for the software or recamend it for sertain purposes or make a Pros Cons list on a special shout box or something...

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How bout make the board 18 and up? Charge .1 to make members prove they are really 18 and up. (You need to be 18 to have a CC I believe) lol I can dream can't I?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!