Hardware What empty console case fits a Mini ITX motherboard?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to build my Emulator Box - Stronger Remix (opposed to the Portable Remix) by using a Mini ITX board. The thing is that I want to put the board in a discarded video game console case. I want to know which case I could use. (I know that I also need to put in an energy supply, hard drives, cooling fan, and so on...)

OliverWinstontin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
there are a lot of options, n64, ps2, psone, a Japanese "PSX", Snes, NES, Genesis, xbox, 360, PS3, among others. though with most of those you are going to have to use a power brick instead of a power supply. and you are going to have to use integrated graphics or an APU from AMD. if you want to build a full fledged system with standard psu, gpu etc you are going to have a tough time. maybe the Japanese psx, or a dev console which where much bigger.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you need to use dedicated GPU then you have no choice but to use a proper PC case.

If you are using APU or Intel CPU then you maybe able to pull it off with PS2 FAT, Xbox 360, or PS3 case. You will use picoPSU and SSD. I don't recommend you add HDD internally as it will a tight fit for HDD to dissipate heat.

D

Deleted User

If you need to use dedicated GPU then you have no choice but to use a proper PC case.

Not totally true.
with an PCI-E Extender Cable it is possible to have the GPU for example above the Mainboard the way the razer Mini PC has.

The NES Case is quite well fitted for PC hardware, you can even put a DVD drive in the card slot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...