What games do you recommend?

Autz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I recommend Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies. Is easily the best balance between story-telling and arcade-style gameplay on the whole series. I would mention Ace Combat 3 Japanese Version but people barely know about it, and other could be Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, but i think that some people will fall off for the melodrama.

And also, looking foward to Ace Combat 7 even if Bandai Namco made other games like Ace Combat Infinity or Assault Horizon. I want a nice lore pls!

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
You seem to like Ace Combat a lot.

If I'm to recommend just one recent game I played, it would have to be Rise of the Tomb Raider. Great story, looks amazing, and very nice game play.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Souls III. Been playing it a whole lot and I really enjoy it. If you haven't played a Souls game before then when you first try it don't let the difficulty rub you off. The game isn't really that hard. You just have to play cautiously.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES: Yoshi's Island
SMD: Castle of Illusion
N64: Banjo Kazooie
NGC: Zelda Wind Waker
GBA: Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 2
DS: Ace Attorney
Wii: Muramasa Rebirth
3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening
PS2: Tales of the Abyss
PS3: Steins;Gate
Vita: Persona 4
PC: Fallout New Vegas and Rocket League

There's some games that I recommend.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't have one absolute favorite game, but I have a recommendation for a couple my favorite genres over different platforms.
Note that the most important thing in a game for me is the story, so expect really long games.

Action RPG:
  • Fable (PC) -> Try the recent Anniversary version from Steam. Great upgrade to the game. Fable 2 and 3 are not nearly as good. They made the controls too easy and the story was dull. I know there is an XBox version, but it's way better to play it on PC
  • Kingdom Hearts (PS2) -> Incredibly complicated plot spread over multiple games on multiple platforms, but the gameplay is great. With the remakes they will all be playable on PS4.
  • The World Ends With You (DS) -> Great original gameplay, loved the style and another mindfuck.
Turnbased RPG:
  • Persona 4: Golden (PSVita) -> Great gameplay, great characters, great story. What more could you wish for? Persona 3 Portable (PSP) was pretty great too, but I like this one quite a bit better.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (DS) -> This game doesn't get nearly enough love. The story goes from the start of Dragon Ball Z to the point where they beat Vegeta. That doesn't seem like much, but there's a lot of new side story and after the end there's an extra story featuring Broly. Too bad they never made the sequel(s).
Visual Novel:
  • 999 (DS) -> Great story. Prepare for a mindfuck. A puzzle/escape room/mystery game. Also try the sequels Virtues Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma.

Reactions: Autz

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Final Fantasy X (PS2), Final Fantasy 7 (PSX) and Crisis Core(PSP)
Kingdom Hearts 2(PS2), Birth By Sleep (PSP) and 358/2 Days(NDS)
Growlanser Wayfarer of time(PSP)
God Eater 1 and 2(PSP)
Final Fantasy Type 0(PSP)
Munster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)
Draglade(NDS)
Jack 3 (PS2)
Chaos Rings 3 (PSVITA, ANDROID)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.