Gaming What I want to see in the Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake

SomeRandomWeeb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a huge fan of the original, I am so glad Nintendo is resurrecting this good ole GameCube classic so people who haven't experienced the original game can play it for themselves! This game is probably going to be the only game I pay full price for! However, there are some things that I, personally, want to see Nintendo implement in the remake so it's actually worth picking up rather than getting out that old dusty brick also known as the Wii and playing the GameCube version.

First: Extra content! The game needs to have more content. The only new content we know we are getting is the boss rush mode. That's certainly cool and all but what I really want is something to extend the playtime of the game so I am not finished with it within 6 hours as opposed to the GameCube version. I think having a Super Mario 64 DS level of bonus content would be ideal, but then again there's only so much you can add to a haunted mansion.

Second: A better hidden mansion! Give us the PAL hidden mansion, not the NTSC hidden mansion! One of my biggest complaints of the original is the hidden mansion was a joke. Sure it's a tad bit more difficult but nothing compared to what Europe got. If you don't know all the differences, there's an amazing list on the Cutting Room Floor (link) in case you want to read more about it.

Third: Beta Elements! I really want to see some things cut from the beta of Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube. In case you don't know, Luigi's Mansion is one of those fascinating Nintendo relics that went through a lot of changes throughout development. Seeing some of those features re-imagined and re-implemented such as Bashers (basicly Sneakers from dark moon) who could possibly stalk the halls in the hidden mansion and other things would certainly be treat to people who have played the game before and would give people who already own the GameCube version even more incentive to pick it up on launch day.

Fourth: Multiplayer! Now I am going to be honest, I won't be too butt hurt if this doesn't make in the game but you have to admit it would be a nice touch. I don't know what they would do for multiplayer, I'd be perfectly happy with a ScareScraper 2.0 but with the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion 1 instead.

Fifth: Darker rooms! The rooms in the game weren't dark and kinda killed the mood. Although I won't not buy the game because the dark rooms are too bright, it will certainly ruin the experience for me and go back to playing it on the GameCube.

Finally: Interesting cartridge art, don't just put the logo on a black background and call it day. That's lazy and I could come up with something leagues better than that!

So what do you think? Anything you would like to see in the luigi's mansion remake? Or maybe there is some thing you don't want to see?

Reactions: bennyman123abc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool