Hacking What is "AHB Protection?" (forwarder not working)

Goldfinder 9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently patched ios31 on wii u in order to use riiconnect24 on vwii. It actually works as long as I load the news channel from connectmii! So I thought, wouldn't it be great to have a channel and/or forwarder for connectmii right on the vwii menu? So I got to work building the forwarder and it installed ok. But then when I loaded it it said "AHB protection still enabled. Exiting..." I even made it its own full channel rather than a forwarder to see if that changed anything. Same result.

So why wont the channel/forwarder work for me? What does "AHB protection" even mean? Hopefully someone can answer my questions or help me out with this, and I can get a working channel/forwarder for connectmii on vwii soon. Thanks!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont quote me but, iirc AHBPROT is the new way for giving permissions instead of needing multiple cIOS, and also gives full permissions of hardware stuff. Although, some things still need a cIOS I guess. I'm guessing Forwarders might need something else in vWii idk. Or you need to do something you are not. Never messed with AHBPROT stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu