Emulation Emulator What is Dolphin best experienced in 2022? Switch Ubuntu L4T, Lakka or Android (MMJ R)?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
With switchroot android, gamecube games run from good to bad. You will notice every slowdown or lag and it'll distract the experience by adjusting settings here and there very easily.
The Nintendo Switch cant bring the perfect gamecube experience, better try with dolphin on an average lap/pc/highend phone or a wii or wii u with nintendont.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get better speeds and stable gameplay on my snapdragon galaxy s20fe than i do using my switch...

The switch ain't good enough if you want them to be stable to play

medwinxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also prefer Android for ease of use together with fastCFWswitch. Lakka maybe good but I dont like it when you need exit from it, you need to send payload again or enable auto-RCM.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Get better speeds and stable gameplay on my snapdragon galaxy s20fe than i do using my switch...

The switch ain't good enough if you want them to be stable to play
Think about it for a moment, no high-end phone has the GPU power of the Nintendo Switch. Simply no app is designed or optimized for use in L4T and does not take advantage of its full potential.

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
30 FPS games like Windwaker and Luigi's Mansion are pretty playable the issue comes with other games that are designed to be 60 Fps they just don't feel right or while they appear to run decent the sound is all choppy. I have been testing GCN since 2020 and things haven't got better tbh i heard that on Ubuntu you can get slight better performance because the 2.09 GHZ OC but if the current Android TV build i use to run GCN games on performance mode drains the battery in like 40 minutes i couldn't imagine how that kind of OC would deplete that poor battery.

And if you are just going to play docked or connected to the charger you should just run emulators through Moonshell/SkyNX tbh.

tldr: You can get bad to decent performance on pretty much any build (android/lakka/ubuntu) but your battery will go to shit and most of the times is not playable. If you really want that portable GCN/Wii feel and are at home you should look into streaming from PC.

medwinxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30 FPS games like Windwaker and Luigi's Mansion are pretty playable the issue comes with other games that are designed to be 60 Fps they just don't feel right or while they appear to run decent the sound is all choppy. I have been testing GCN since 2020 and things haven't got better tbh i heard that on Ubuntu you can get slight better performance because the 2.09 GHZ OC but if the current Android TV build i use to run GCN games on performance mode drains the battery in like 40 minutes i couldn't imagine how that kind of OC would deplete that poor battery.

And if you are just going to play docked or connected to the charger you should just run emulators through Moonshell/SkyNX tbh.

tldr: You can get bad to decent performance on pretty much any build (android/lakka/ubuntu) but your battery will go to shit and most of the times is not playable. If you really want that portable GCN/Wii feel and are at home you should look into streaming from PC.
I recommend switch-remote-play by moehammered for remote playing. though.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

lost7010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also prefer Android for ease of use together with fastCFWswitch. Lakka maybe good but I dont like it when you need exit from it, you need to send payload again or enable auto-RCM.
Heya, just wanted tp let you know that getting out of Lakka works without shutting the console down, just hold down the Volume - button when restarting the console from Lakka, and it takes you to Hekate, this works with all payloads and stuff, including Android

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER