• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is "peaceful" protesting?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I lolcatzuru hereby admit that i was wrong about everything i ever knew and that this user was correct about everything regarding history, lets keep up the good work folks!
Omg thank you I appreciate it so much bestie (▰˘◡˘▰)

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• XU8hVWAh.jpg
    XU8hVWAh.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 86

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say after arguing

well i wasnt really trying to argue with that person. They told me everything i ever knew was incorrect and gave me a bunch of sources that are people making declarative statements and when i said i needed more to go on, that apparently was unacceptable, so thats fine, they can be right, i really geuniely dont care who had what to do with any of those things, i dont care if aliens freed the slaves, that information is useless to me. All i was doing is analyzing the dichotomy of peaceful protesting and somehow i got sucked into nearly joining a cult.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
and actually, im sure someone as intelligent as you will realize, that although a source MAY be relevant regardless of the web address, most of the time when presenting a thesis, you must use sources that are legitimate, like a scientific journal, or in this case a journal from someone who's worked in the industry for years.
Dude you can find information on the events Seliph referenced in nearly any half-decent history book or textbook. Your laziness doesn't make those past events or their impact any less real.

Reactions: Seliph

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna speak in reference to me at least say "she" you dweeb

pardon my language.

you may not have noticed this about me, but i do not care, rather than having to join a cult about pronouns, i took the easy way out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dude you can find information on the events Seliph referenced in nearly any half-decent history book or textbook. Your laziness doesn't make those past events or their impact any less real.

this post seems weird

hey have you guys heard of this great book called 1984

great? debatable accurate as hell? you betcha

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
you may not have noticed this about me, but i do not care, rather than having to join a cult about pronouns, i took the easy way out.

this post seems weird
f8e.jpg

lol bye I don't wanna make this any more inflammatory than it already is. You clearly came here to do nothing but start shit and have contributed nothing of value or substance to this conversation. It's disappointing and I apologize to everyone in this thread for indulging you.

great? debatable accurate as hell? you betcha
Please don't pretend you've read it lol

Reactions: Xzi and Louse

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what way? I'm just trying to help you find a source you feel like you can trust, since you seem intent on throwing away sources provided by others without a second thought.

well idk if a book is gonna help me, unless harry potter turned about to be an auto biography. but it was weird because... idk theres something wrong it . like you are saying that, but im not getting to the part where i see the books, and the person who wrote the books is a professional who is highly regarded and an expert in the field, god DAMN is it weird

Louse

go play rez
Trophies
Website
www.h.com
XP
Country
United States
well idk if a book is gonna help me, unless harry potter turned about to be an auto biography. but it was weird because... idk theres something wrong it . like you are saying that, but im not getting to the part where i see the books, and the person who wrote the books is a professional who is highly regarded and an expert in the field, god DAMN is it weird
this post gives me bad vibes. imma peace out

Reactions: Xzi and Seliph

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
like you are saying that, but im not getting to the part where i see the books, and the person who wrote the books is a professional who is highly regarded and an expert in the field
I purposefully didn't give you specific recommendations because you'd reject them outright, just as you did with Seliph's sources. Typing "history of (slave revolts/Stonewall riots/suffragettes/etc)" into Amazon yields tons of results. Educate your own damn self.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purposefully didn't give you specific recommendations because you'd reject them outright, just as you did with Seliph's sources. Typing "history of (slave revolts/Stonewall riots/suffragettes/etc)" into Amazon yields tons of results. Educate your own damn self.

Yes i absolutely rejected op eds from someone who worked at nat geo once you are 100% right.

Look it would really be alot easier for you to see the part where i admit that im wrong about everything in my life and that person is right and then we can have a grown up conversation, i really have no interest in who freed or helped who, im wrong, thats wonderful, lets all be mature and get back on track.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...