• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is "peaceful" protesting?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that doesnt answer my question, what did any of those things do?

looking athe the slave rebellion, correct me if im wrong but i thought old honest abe took care of the whole slave thing, was i taught incorrecty?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
that doesnt answer my question, what did any of those things do?

looking athe the slave rebellion, correct me if im wrong but i thought old honest abe took care of the whole slave thing, was i taught incorrecty?
Slaves freed themselves, Lincoln only "abolished" slavery to retain the union.
Suffragette movements gave women the right to vote.
Stonewall riots led to the abolition of anti-gay laws, I wouldn't be here if not for the riots.
Selma to Montgomery led to important gains in the civil rights movement and led to the establishment of the civil rights act, same with the Panthers going to the capitol.

You are seriously misinformed.

Reactions: Xzi

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stonewall riots led to the abolition of anti-gay laws, I wouldn't be here if not for the riots.
Selma to Montgomery led to important gains in the civil rights movement and led to the establishment of the civil rights act, same with the Panthers going to the capitol.

oh shit, yea im gonna actually go to the school board tomorrow and tell them the civil war was a hoax, thank you random internet user for opening my eyes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well ill let you discuss geography on your own, i dont have any interest in naming the continents, its not relevant to the discussion

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

aside form wikipedia do you have any proof that those actions SPECIFICALLY contributed to those changes? because i was actually under the impression most women didnt want the right to vote as it would come with mandatory pail duty which alot of women didnt wanna participate in.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
aside form wikipedia do you have any proof that those actions SPECIFICALLY contributed to those changes? because i was actually under the impression most women didnt want the right to vote as it would come with mandatory pail duty which alot of women didnt wanna participate in.
Yes, you can literally read any of those sources. Or do your research on each event if you would like. Some of them aren't Wikipedia sources and all of these events are known as pivotal events in women's history, black history and LGBTQ history (in the US at least). Anyone with even an intro level of knowledge to US protest history should know these things.

Also of course women wanted to vote. If I lived back then I would be fighting to vote too. We're people just like you who want to live our lives unchained. There are many examples of revolutionary and emancipated women throughout history. To suggest otherwise is just... deeply foolish.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Xzi and Louse

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can literally read any of those sources. Or do your research on each event if you would like. Some of them aren't Wikipedia sources and all of these events are known as pivotal events in women's history, black history and LGBTQ history (in the US at least).

Also of course women wanted to vote. We're people just like you who want to live our lives unchained. To suggest otherwise is just... deeply foolish.

Yes, you can literally read any of those sources. Or do your research on each event if you would like. Some of them aren't Wikipedia sources and all of these events are known as pivotal events in women's history, black history and LGBTQ history (in the US at least).

Also of course women wanted to vote. We're people just like you who want to live our lives unchained. To suggest otherwise is just... deeply foolish.

only one of those sources appears to be from a reputable source, youll understand if i dont take a .com link with quite so much veracity. But thats fine, i take back everything ive said folks, keep protesting clearly its working! love all the change!

edit: i was wrong, thats an op ed on nat geo, so its 0 reputable sources

Yes, you can literally read any of those sources. Or do your research on each event if you would like. Some of them aren't Wikipedia sources and all of these events are known as pivotal events in women's history, black history and LGBTQ history (in the US at least). Anyone with even an intro level of knowledge to US protest history should know these things.

Also of course women wanted to vote. If I lived back then I would be fighting to vote too. We're people just like you who want to live our lives unchained. There are many examples of revolutionary and emancipated women throughout history. To suggest otherwise is just... deeply foolish.

also can you show me what part of my sentences i specifically said women werent empancipated or revolutionary? i dont recall saying that but wtf do i know right. I guess my concern is that just because someone tells me thats true, doesnt, you know, make it true, did you know santa clause isnt real? shit haunts me to this day.

Last edited by lolcatzuru,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
only one of those sources appears to be from a reputable source, youll understand if i dont take a .com link with quite so much veracity. But thats fine, i take back everything ive said folks, keep protesting clearly its working! love all the change!

edit: i was wrong, thats an op ed on nat geo, so its 0 reputable sources

also can you show me what part of my sentences i specifically said women werent empancipated or revolutionary? i dont recall saying that but wtf do i know right. I guess my concern is that just because someone tells me thats true, doesnt, you know, make it true, did you know santa clause isnt real? shit haunts me to this day.
I'm baffled by your reasoning. A source can be valid regardless of web address. If you want to find these events on a .gov or .org or .balls or .whatever website, they are very easy to find. You don't seem to want to argue in good faith though so... this definitely isn't worth it.

My point is that these very well known protests are all examples of protest that have achieved real social gains for real people, again you seem to not know about them which is mildly concerning and I'm not a teacher so I'd rather not waste my time educating someone who doesn't want to learn.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Louse

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm baffled by your reasoning. A source can be valid regardless of web address. If you want to find these events on a .gov or .org or .balls or .whatever website, they are very easy to find. You don't seem to want to argue in good faith though so... this definitely isn't worth it.
Brb, gonna go make a .balls website

Reactions: Louse and Seliph

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yo uare absolutely right, i dont want to argue on faith, because that makes your belief no different than religion, and in that regard, thats great for you, but just because you believe it doesnt make it true.

and actually, im sure someone as intelligent as you will realize, that although a source MAY be relevant regardless of the web address, most of the time when presenting a thesis, you must use sources that are legitimate, like a scientific journal, or in this case a journal from someone who's worked in the industry for years.

But ill tell you what, ill argue with you soley based on your faith, if you take it solely based on faith that im a king, i sure as shit can't prove it, but hey, its my faith

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
yo uare absolutely right, i dont want to argue on faith, because that makes your belief no different than religion, and in that regard, thats great for you, but just because you believe it doesnt make it true.
67f.jpg

Clearly I've made a mistake by ever speaking up in the first place. I apologize. I appear to have gravely miscalculated the circumstances.

Reactions: Xzi

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
67f.jpg

Clearly I've made a mistake by ever speaking up in the first place. I apologize. I appear to have gravely miscalculated the circumstances.

no no no its fine really, you mightve missed the it so ill repeat it again.

I lolcatzuru hereby admit that i was wrong about everything i ever knew and that this user was correct about everything regarding history, lets keep up the good work folks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is