Hacking What is the best flash card to run DS and 3DS games with ease ( on a 3DS obviously)?

Adrian-E-C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there are still several issues with Stargate, like several games not working on it and the Gateway team still hasn't updated nearly a year later. I understand your stance, but you are basically paying more for so much less. It's also worth noting that being on 11.5 doesn't solve your issues, if anything it only adds more issues as Nintendo starts adding more requirements to their games/features. You are basically setting yourself up with something that is actually more complicated than just using a CFW+R4i Gold Plus.

I've also have multiple R4i Gold (Plus) carts as well and I haven't had a single problem with any of them when it comes down to their contacts. This compared to my Ak2i which is completely unusable for me since they've all had contact issues.
I recommend the R4i Gold Plus because it's actually the best cart on the market for DS games. It runs Wood R4, which has perfect ROM compatibility, RTS, homebrew software, and so much more. This compared to the spotty ROM support and requirement to ysmenu just to bypass the timebomeb for the R4i-SDHC cart(s)
I really wouldn't suggest any product from the R4i-SDHC team. Buying their products only pays them to continue their horrible practices like the timebomb and literally making the same cart with different price tags.
What are these several games? I have only read that the two pokemon games don't work, which i give zero frigs about. I havent heard of any others.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What are these several games? I have only read that the two pokemon games don't work, which i give zero frigs about. I havent heard of any others.
Well there are the Pokemon games and I recalled a few threads on a few other dubious sites that I just went to follow up on. It seems some of the games not working are either working now or I just can't find enough information on to give as an example.

Adrian-E-C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are the Pokemon games and I recalled a few threads on a few other dubious sites that I just went to follow up on. It seems some of the games not working are either working now or I just can't find enough information on to give as an example.
Well great! I never liked pokemon, and the only yet to be released game I want is Luigi's Mansion. And I pre-ordered that one digitally. So essentially i'm in the clear. Thank you for the update!

kosterix

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
hi guys, sorry for sounding like a noob, but I did search and am unsure what i'm doing wrong.

I found a spanish rom for ni no kuni called El mago de la tenebra or something similar. I have a Windows pc with desmume on it, and the nds file is run flawlessly by desmume. I have a 3dsxl and a R4i SDHC, and bought also a San Disk 8gb micro sdhc card. I download wood
http://old.r4wood.com/Kernel/e/Wood_R4_v1.62.rar
1. on the initially virgin 8gb card, put 8gb card in the R4 card,
2. put the R4 card in my 3ds that was powered down, power up the 3ds, scroll to the topleft icon.
It shows a rotating rom with Konami entertainment or something under some Japanese text (possibly chinese).
I click it, and expect to enter some kind of menu like in the good R4 days of my DS.
Instead I get black screen, then nothing. No reaction no nada.

I also tried the step 2 with a paper pushed under the R4 because I read it somewhere, but to no avail.
Any suggestions how to approach this problem?
Thanks@
I really wanted to play nnk on-the-go, and I don't plan to use the card for any other purposes
:-(

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to swap carts to use DS games, I don't want to lose DS functionality by installing CFW, and I would like to keep using my eshop account for the foreseeable future to legitimately buy games.

You... don't lose any DS functionality...
That's just for the Stargate cart.
If you use an R4, DS game works fine...
You can also literally still go to the eShop and buy games...
Also for the ban, I've had my system for years with CFW and to this day, no bans.
Bans only roll out if you do stupid things like cheat online, or play unreleased games early.
Plus, the 3DS is at the end of its lifespan.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously there are lots of threads on here about this, but what was best a year ago, or even 6 months ago might not be the best option now.

So what is my best bet for running DS as well as 3DS backups off a single cart? bonus points if it also does GBA.
I saw that the Supercard DSTwo plus was a thing, but is there ar flash card that does it better?

I don't want to bother with custom firmware...even though I know a lot of folk prefer that method.
Supercard DSTwo plus is the past, today is for CFW, if you persue easy of use, R4i gold 3ds plus is the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game