• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 972
  • Replies 3
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I am looking for a good graphics engine and a compatible 3ds sculpting machine I was wondering if you have any suggestions thanks

Reactions: ClassyDragon

annoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my oppinion if you want to start from scratch OpenGL is a good option, but it is not a fully fledged graphcs engine. OpenGL just provices you with methods to interact with you graphics card and draw stuff etc. You will have to implement a lot of thing by yourself.
Otherwise i could recommend you Ogre3D.

Reactions: Deleted User

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally only have experience with the SFML library. It's a pretty intuitive system for 2D games but I haven't really looked into its 3D capabilities. I've also heard good things about GLFW, which is what I plan on learning next.

SFML makes setting up windows easy and provides a bunch of classes that can be drawn to those windows, such as sprites and rectangles. The general structure is a loop that updates and draws these objects to the window buffer and then displaying the updated buffer to the window. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you haven't learned anything about graphics libraries yet, it's a good starting point.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I personally only have experience with the SFML library. It's a pretty intuitive system for 2D games but I haven't really looked into its 3D capabilities. I've also heard good things about GLFW, which is what I plan on learning next.

SFML makes setting up windows easy and provides a bunch of classes that can be drawn to those windows, such as sprites and rectangles. The general structure is a loop that updates and draws these objects to the window buffer and then displaying the updated buffer to the window. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you haven't learned anything about graphics libraries yet, it's a good starting point.
Okay thanks I will look into it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?