Hardware What is the rarest DS Flashcart?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still having the first DS linker, just like mk5 linker you've got a slot 2 card with mini USB to send games over.

It doesn't save anymore so I'm using it for event Pokemon roms.
I happen to have a few bare N-Cards.
product_1207_1-238560244.jpg

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to have... I think it was called a FireCard? It was back in the days when the OG R4 was taking off, but it came with something like 1GB of built-in memory for the same price as an R4 without a microSD, and at the time it still would've been an extra $20 or so for a reputable 1GB microSD. It also took up both slots, with a USB adapter that plugged into the GBA slot and wrote to the DS slot, but didn't have any sort of ROM-booting or GBA functionality of its own. Pretty sure the GBA slot adapter was also sized to replace the DS Lite's GBA dust cover rather than being a full-sized cart, even though I swear this was only a few months after the Lite launched.
The Fire Card is a clone of the N-Card. The firmware can be used on either one of them. :P

Last edited by SylverReZ,

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the note of R4 clones, did anyone mention the N5? Those fuckers used to blow fuses and really didn't get much love after that
I somehow came across an N5. I have the non-DS-killing one though. Last I remember, it was the spring loaded SD slot model that was the killer.

I use it as my resident "R4 clone with a badly implemented SDHC" cartridge (there were many of those in the early days), even put some work into the drivers and documentation.
It's amusing how similar it is to the real R4; the R4 only added non-HC code which is a 32-bit address space of bytes, but the N5 and other R4 SDHC didn't change this to a 32-bit sector space, so the real maximum SD size is only about 4GB. It really was a lazy ripoff.

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i had a flashcart i bought from a site called everbuying back in 2013 not sure what the card was they used but it was a 60 - in 1 and the 2gb sd card was soldered to the middle of the motherboard

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
My order from ic2005 arrived they even sent me an extra neo3sd, looks like they are still stocking these old gba flashcarts

View attachment 388289

Wow this is cool never seen this before
Cool stuff and yeah the Acekard RPG is pretty nice, I've got one in my collection and still use it sometimes!

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool stuff and yeah the Acekard RPG is pretty nice, I've got one in my collection and still use it sometimes!
I have an Acekard 2i that I often use on my modded DSi.

Reactions: Pomegrenade

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My order from ic2005 arrived they even sent me an extra neo3sd, looks like they are still stocking these old gba flashcarts

View attachment 388289

Wow this is cool never seen this before
Is the Neo3-SD a GBA flashcart that cam be used on a GBA SP? On their website it sounds like it's just for playing NDS games via slot 2.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the Neo3-SD a GBA flashcart that cam be used on a GBA SP? On their website it sounds like it's just for playing NDS games via slot 2.
Yeah just for nds i think the neo2 can work on gameboy
Post automatically merged:

I have uploaded the contents of the Neo Team disc to archive.org i think it contains software/drivers for the majority of their products https://archive.org/details/neo-te-am-2015

Last edited by Shadow_The_Hedgehog82,
Reactions: assassinz

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I somehow came across an N5. I have the non-DS-killing one though. Last I remember, it was the spring loaded SD slot model that was the killer.
The killer, as in it blew out the fuses in your DS. 😂
The quality of the PCB looks so fucked up if you open it up, especially if you know anything about electronics.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not anywhere near the rarest, but I've kind of always wanted one of those GBAtemp branded DStwos...

View attachment 390908
Good luck trying to get your hands on one. You could ask one of the staff to see if they have any old stock still lying around, I doubt it, but its worth a shot perhaps.

The box:
gbatemp_dstwo_sleeve-png.333425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well I'm not that way. I have two kids, and grandkids myself, just meant I'm a kid at heart, forever