Gaming What makes Super Bomberman R a must own for Bomberman fans/gamers?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,468
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 1

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhh why did you buy this game. I'm 100% sure it's terrible without having played it.
What makes you think that?
I did play it and it seemed functional enough, no Saturn Bomberman or anything but a perfectly functional version of Bomberman.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Ohhh why did you buy this game. I'm 100% sure it's terrible without having played it.
I played it at a Switch Premiere before the official release but despite that, my first impression with the game were terrible because they only had the game on the Switch's screen which was practically unplayable due to how small it looked on the screen and because of this, they allowed us to play at least two rounds since the Nintendo rep on the side noticed we didn't even notice what was exactly happening.

Fast-forward to today, the game is actually pretty good but better than Mega Bomberman? Hm, definitely no. I miss the different Bomberman costumes they had on Mega Bomberman whereas on Super Bomberman R (what's so god damn Super about it?) it's just about changing the colours of each character. Although, different costumes may be available to be unlocked later but I'm guessing not.

I got the game for half the price which is why I decided to pick it up. It's a classic Bomberman game at heart.

There are two things I dislike about Bomberman Switch:
1. The camera keeps moving (wish it'd just stay still)
2. The background looks like a picnic table or something. Why!

Haven't even got to the Story Mode but who the hell buys Bomberman for the Story Mode? :P

What makes you think that?
I did play it and it seemed functional enough, no Saturn Bomberman or anything but a perfectly functional version of Bomberman.
Yep. It's a fun, functional Bomberman game but it can also be considered inferior to Mega Bomberman (aka '94), imo.

Playing Bomberman with the Pro Controller feels great and very comfortable. Can't imagine the Joy-Cons giving a good experience, well, I did use the Joy-Cons to play Bomberman at the Premiere and did not like a bit (it also felt very clunky using it on Sonic Mania).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are going to be dragging up versions that old then I go with 93 and the PCE versions. Also somewhere in there I will have to have atomic bomberman on the PC. Might not have been the most polished but the obscene amount of options does well for me.

I only played on the bundled controllers, no pro or anything, and it worked as well as I would have liked -- bomberman is fast but it still has not really changed since the one or two button and dpad days and they did well enough for that. I had more problems with such things on other games that day. That said bomberman is the sort of thing that occasionally gets played for hours (winner stays on or just messing around) so I shall hold off until I am subject to such things... which is unlikely as I have 50 other versions all ready to go.

On costumes I did like the N64 approach to such things.

Did you ever play the XBLA version? For modern bomberman it is my high water mark right now and in some ways maybe the more useful thing to compare against -- looking back to the 16 bit era and saturn stuff always feels a bit like comparing modern tetris, now it has all the gravity, wall kick and hold rules, to NES or GB era. On the other hand if I say that I also have to respect at some level those that say Sonic Adventure is worthy of something and I am not up for that.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
PHABs0Fl.jpg
IS THAT THE METROID EVERYONE HAS TALKED ABOUT??

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I played it for 6 hours already :) its a fun game
Online, I assume?

Zelda has been such an amazing experience that even just going around the forests and hiking is tons of fun. I've yet to move on to the main missions. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land