Gaming What makes Super Bomberman R a must own for Bomberman fans/gamers?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,471
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 1

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
PHABs0Fl.jpg
The hilarious thing is that Bomberman has made this mistake twice. They tried and failed to make a bigger more mature Bomberman game early in the series. And not the tenuous connection with Lode Runner...
D2E9csM.png

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think thats the thing with the 360 bomberman act.
They try to make it something it wasnt. Bomberman was meant to be a classic that stay that way.
Not this over the top 3d and graphic.
So i think the bomberman R will make it its back to its roots.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i think the bomberman R will make it its back to its roots.

Other than the puzzle games there have been quite a few bomberman games following the classic formula to a greater or lesser extent, the bomberman live series for one. The DS had a few games, though most of those did not make it to the US (in English in Europe though). In fact abortions like the 360 disc game are probably the exception, give or take how you want to view the jetters/max series or the previously mentioned puzzle (land touch) games and actually the story stuff goes back quite a way.

The stages do look tiny and even the screenshots in HD still look small-ish. I dunno, I'm totally happy with this:

https://r.mprd.se/media/images/38646-Mega_Bomberman_(USA)-3.png

Over this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/813rdm7ww6L._SL1500_.jpg

It's a hardsell.

Original
13x11 squares.
New
17x11 squares.
I would look to see

Now the new version does have 8 players in it but it is not smaller. Could be a camera thing though. I will have a play later if I get the time.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, little surprised I have not seen any posts say 8 local multiplayer fun!
Which is why I'm getting it :) I had bomberman party on the psone and it was a blast with the multitap and 5 players!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are lots of games in my collection that have amazing developers behind them but sadly have scumbags for publishers. I try my best to look past that because at the end of the day I dont want to miss out on an amazing experience and I can only hope they find someone else for publishing (this isnt the case for Husdon, but still.)

D

Deleted User

OP
I haven't played Bomberman in YEARS and this one looks like it'll be pretty decent with the always good multiplayer and hopefully a good story mode. Also just getting it because it's one of the only launch games that's available and looks good.

Reactions: DarthDub
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
If it has online play, we should play together in the future.
It does have but I don't think many people will be buying or playing it online because of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild being the main attraction, and then a few weeks later Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is released.

Reactions: DarthDub

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
It does have but I don't think many people will be buying or playing it online because of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild being the main attraction, and then a few weeks later Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is released.
I'm implying that you should add me silly.:ha:

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill play it online.
Im getting it at launch. (gotta wait on shipment so maybe monday 3/6).
But ill most or less play Zelda then in my down time from that ill play bomberman.

Dont know how the adding friends work on the switch yet but my id is xile06

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill play it online.
Im getting it at launch. (gotta wait on shipment so maybe monday 3/6).
But ill most or less play Zelda then in my down time from that ill play bomberman.

Dont know how the adding friends work on the switch yet but my id is xile06
Everyone hit me up , i play bomberman online with everyone : :) i be on friday after 6 :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
@WiiuGold I'll be picking it up tomorrow so I might play it though chances are I'll be playing Zelda.

The Pro Controller is essential to play Bomberman properly, 'cause it actually has a real d-pad.

Reactions: WiiuGold
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Picked my copy up this early morning. Gotta say, I'm still getting used to see almost nothing inside game cases now, except for the game cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/i1n5dUCBB5M?si=APPrpzXJVZrkwMIm this is why you don't buy preloaded systems lol