Hacking What more do people want?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. DLC region must match game region. System region is not important.
When I checked some weeks back, Rx didn't support DLC that didn't match the system region, even if it matched the game region. Has this changed since then?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
When I checked some weeks back, Rx didn't support DLC that didn't match the system region, even if it matched the game region. Has this changed since then?
Not sure about RX, but I am sure it works with Gateway and ReiNand.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ppl just want the existing emulators to have better compatibility and smoother play.

You did forget the Atary Linx and NeoGeo Pocket emulators
But i like to see some more stand alone retro console emulators (not retroarch):
- Atari 2600/5200/7800
- ColecoVision
- Wonderswan (Color)
- Pokémon Mini
- MSX I and MSX II
- ZX Spectrum is very high on my wanted list
- Sega MasterSystem/GameGear and MegaDrive
- Vectrex

But if the don't, not really a problem, i still have my DSi XL for retro emulation on the go! :)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ability to run a .3dsx directly from Gateway. (Even just a homebrew loader that is run from Gateway and directly runs a .3dsx, would be useful.)
Ability to change the language of your EmuNAND (probably also doable with a homebrew program)
GBA and DSiware support in EmuNAND
Fixing the brightness bug on Gateway (I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet)
One CFW that contains *all* the things a CFW contains and can be launched using *all* possible methods (4.x mset, 6.x mset, spider, Cubic Ninja, OOT, and downgraded N3DS mset). It is really annoying that each particular CFW does a randomly chosen set of things and is installed using a random set of methods. Also, it should be as friendly as possible to using other CFWs (for instance, not using launcher.dat as the launcher name).

Reactions: I pwned U!

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
For N3DS
1. Cold Boot to CFW (or by an app on sysNAND HOME screen would save taps and time)
2. Custom Themes to be shown and selectable (+ randomize) in Theme manager app (Rei's Theme manager does the work, but it's kinda slow from scrolling to applying, so I rarely change theme)
3. Fixed 3D issue that occurs upon boot to CFW.
4. Automatic patch loading (using patch files) upon CFW boot (similar to PSP)
5. Recovery mode accessible for emuNAND too (or better, easy way to delete any downloaded system update)
6. Support for latest games that uses new crypto
7. Ability to use different region eShop and apps (interested in JPN eShop videos and apps that are freely available in their region)

Last edited by Just3DS,

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We the people want...
-100% Coldboot CFW (launches from boot into CFW)
-a gateway & reinand multiboot menu for mset
-Native GBA in Emunand Without reboot
-Native GBA in Gateway mode (thats on there hands)
-No rebooting after leaving system settings in emunand (theres a settings SD edition that is loaded through big blue menu to bypass rebooting but still...)
-N3ds with max upgradable emunand
-nintendo's game keys (lol) so that we may sign our apps and homebrew to launch on official FW
-a launch_gateway.cia & Launch_Reinand.cia so when in emunand we can switch from gateway to rei and vice versa without rebooting again.

most of this stuff may not happen for a long time to come but its nice to vent ideas lol
Welp, this thread is pretty much over now.

Playstation 1 emu for n3ds that runs games decently. A far shot but i shall dream
We've gotten as far as launching a PSX BIOS, but it's still just a proof of concept, no way to do anything but launch a homebrew bios, or just the regular ones

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to see what interesting ideas people come up with. I really don't care about emulators, there's emulators everywhere for everything. I see emulators as an added convenience bonus. I want to see people try something new and push the 3DS to the limits, either in homebrew indie games or just general software. I have an idea of something I want to make for the 3DS, but it will be a while before I can get it to a state I'd be willing to release, especially since I'm still learning to code for the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm living out of my car, he better make 600k a year