Gaming What movies are you wanting to see on the 3DS

ShadowInferno119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too would REALLY love to see a shop channel/netflix type deal. Buy and or Rent movies. Maybe a red box deal, where you rent a movie for a dollar a day.

Perhaps the shop app, is linked to the new Nintendo Wifi system. (another reason to get rid of friend codes and make personal accounts.)

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see the Toy Story series especially #3 and Avatar because I watched it in 3D and it was pretty awesome.
smile.gif

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Despicable Me 3D was great, film about the owls looks awesome.
I am really enjoying the new 3D films and I cant wait to see them without those stupid glasses.

I really hope Nintendo don't fuc* this up. We want a lot of film content nintendo. a LOT. regular updated 3D movies list.
We want it pretty cheap too.
Again... DONT FUC* THIS UP Nintendo!

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Serenity. I own them in every other format available, so why not release it for the 3DS so I can buy that too?
smileipb2.png

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Avatar. It's the top reason that got me excited when i first heard about the 3DS.

after that, it's probably gonna be a bunch of 3D films for me. oh, how i pray, _PRAY_, pray that Studio Ghibli survives the Borrower Arrietty and make some 3D animes. not 3D CGI films, but 3D anime (think Princess Mononoke but with epic 3D effects).

EDIT: oh god, Shortbus 3D? HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG.... wait. which of those shots would you prefer in 3D? is it the cgi sequences? that little inverted trick that ronery guy did at the beginning? i can't even wrap my head around the idea....

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of the "3D" movies really appeals to me, I feel this feature may be a sell factor initially but I can see it being phased out later on. I think youtube/streaming sites will be huge on the 3DS but I don't know if having 64MB of RAM is an issue on making a decent web browser.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trans am said:
None of the "3D" movies really appeals to me, I feel this feature may be a sell factor initially but I can see it being phased out later on. I think youtube/streaming sites will be huge on the 3DS but I don't know if having 64MB of RAM is an issue on making a decent web browser.
I hear what you're saying, and it reminds me of the UMD movies released for the PSP. At first, they were much better than encoding video files to run off the PSP's memory stick, but eventually the novelty wore off, and the UMD movie format died. It was understandable, since the UMD movies retailed for either the same, or more money than their DVD counterparts. Why buy a UMD that you can only watch on a small screen, when you could buy a DVD and share it with everyone?

But the 3DS is different, since only those with 3D TVs, and expensive glasses can experience 3D movies. For me, the appeal of movies on the 3DS is much greater, since the experience is unique to the hardware, and is something I can't achieve on any other device I own. However, as with GBA Video carts, and UMD movies, I can't imagine how many times I'm going to want to watch the same movie over, and over on a small screen. It could easily become a tired medium, or a gimmick that fails at longevity. Only time will tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: