Android What music player do you use?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It is, I don't have ads, it's a shortcut for the internal player
Nope, I've just downloaded it, I definitely didn't have a music player like that before, it has ads and it asked for storage permission, something Google Play Music, my real default music player, wouldn't have done, for it's a system app with those permissions granted by default.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
On my phone, Usually spotify or youtube vanced, sometimes Nicobox if I feel like a weeb.

In my computer, It's just firefox with an adblocker most of the time. I once made a CLI youtube player because I thought youtube was a distraction, which is blocked by youtube. I'm not maintaining it anymore.

EDIT: nvm it's android forum

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear, this is an ancient version from, like, Ice Cream Sandwich or earlier that isn't preloaded on phones anymore. (Based on the fact that my Chinese AOSP-running ICS tablet has it.)
Some phones it is some it's not, my phone is on 7.1.1 (its a Motorola) , some have it installed but don't have a shortcut

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, I've just downloaded it, I definitely didn't have a music player like that before, it has ads and it asked for storage permission, something Google Play Music, my real default music player, wouldn't have done, for it's a system app with those permissions granted by default.

i have never seen ads, its just a shortcut to the installed player (if one is installed),

i installed the player itself along with the shortcut
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rymate.music&hl=en_US

does everything i need it to, auto scans all storage media, and supports most audio formats, and plays them, dont fix what ain't broke

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the Audify Music Player on my android phone since I like the feat. it provides (drive mode, and able to add image to the music file.) Only thing I don't like about the app is the ads. that appear (only when wi-fi/data is enabled.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is, I don't have ads, it's a shortcut for the internal player
It is an unofficial build (with changed package id, of course, and maybe a few tweaks - usually of the widget and/or notification) of the AOSP music app, com.android.music - there are a few ones, or if you want a 100% unmodified one you can find the package id I mentioned on f-droid

Would use that if it had better AVRCP support, but of course it's not google if they don't abandon AOSP apps in favor of proprietary ones

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foobar2000, because it's free, has no ads and is infinitely more powerful than whatever piddly stock player comes preinstalled. Google are not very good at making these kinds of apps.

Also, Droidsound-E for game music.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
I use an android app called playerpro. you can get a free or full paid version, has limited skins for colour themes but the functionality itself is great!

i cant say if there is a song limit on playlists as i dont really max mine over 40 songs per, you can default to show albums, artists, songs, playlists.. use your own artwork or net search within to select it, a good smart playlist function where you can select songs based on certain criteria if you use the full info on id3 tags

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I use the android's main player, but I also add an Equalizer to give it an UMPH to the sound.
By ‘Android's main player’ you mean the AOSP music player, which hasn't been updated since, like Android 2.1?

XHAGbnybVvxUYFdWG8vz7zWAvxUi7NLMDJoRTnbfDXaLL9OGdJG09D1HtbiB2zcbpM1g=w1440-h620-rw

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By ‘Android's main player’ you mean the AOSP music player, which hasn't been updated since, like Android 2.1?

XHAGbnybVvxUYFdWG8vz7zWAvxUi7NLMDJoRTnbfDXaLL9OGdJG09D1HtbiB2zcbpM1g=w1440-h620-rw
What comes with it naturally. Not ones that are added to the phone. n No not that one pictured.

roshfart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On Android, I used to use Retro Music Player, which had basic playlist and ratings features etc. as well as some basic metadata editing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!