What operating system are you using and why is it Linux?

D

Deleted User

Manjaro XFCE. I was about to go Arch; falling for the meme, but I just knew that I was going to have a pain in the ass configuring it. I also froze the kernel so it doesn't roll. So far, I don't miss Windows.

I don't game at all as much as I used to, but when I do it's probably just emulation, and RetroArch on Linux is pretty good. Valve is doing a fantastic job bringing gaming to work without problems on Linux. It's so close to getting better than Windows. So, so close.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Right now still Windows 7, I mean it has gotten updates this month and Xubuntu.
Windows 10 is basically installed and ready but not sure to switch over.

Last year I bought a new computer for my parents, Win10 and Mint,
somehow they don´t like Linux(?) nor Win10 and do all browsing, email and stuff on their ipads.

thewannacryguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I use Linux because it's easier to maintain your privacy. Operating systems owned by any company will send encrypted packets to their company whenever they're connected to the internet. You can easily verify this using Wireshark.

Use Windows for gaming and Linux for everything else.
Last year I bought a new computer for my parents, Win10 and Mint,
somehow they don´t like Linux(?) nor Win10 and do all browsing, email and stuff on their ipads.
Smart devices are developed with usability as a top priority so tech illiterate people favour them.

D

Deleted User

Absolutely agree on that, a tablet is very convenient.
But my point I was going to make, they used the older pc with Win7 almost everyday.

Not much into pc gaming just some windows software eac, foobar2000, Burrrn, TS-Doctor, Audible...
The only thing I don´t like on (Xubuntu) Linux is the file manager (thunar), there seems to be no
way searching files in the network like samba shares. I hate it to have to boot up windows just for that
simple task.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs