Gaming What PSP games have PS3 connectivity?

Arlisbloxer05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arlisbloxer005.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been getting back into using both my PSP and PS3 after finally getting Monster Hunter Portable 3rd's english patch to work on the bloody things, and I even tried out local multiplayer as I never saw any footage of that between the two consoles. Spoilers: It was fantastic.

But then that got me thinking... Are there actually any games on the PSP that could communicate with the PS3? No I'm not talking about Remote Play though that is a fun little thing to try and play PS3 games that were never meant to be played with the PSP's limited controls, nor am I referring to playing PS1 games on the PSP and copying data between the two systems. I'm talkin' full-fledged, honest-to-jubileus, PS3 games that have features with the PSP and vice-versa. Be they save data transferring, bonus unlocks, anything.

Thing is, I couldn't find a SINGLE list regarding that but I know there have to be SOME games out there with PS3 connectivity. I mean if the PS2 had some, then the PS3 most likely has to have some as well!

So fellow forumites, got any knowledge that you could slide my way?

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm also interested in the bonuses/secrets and the real connectivity system between the PSP and other systems, it would be pretty cool to see a list of "Importing/Connectivity Games Bonuses" or something like that so we could get the most content as possible in our savedatas. And yeah, there are too much Remote Play and not real connectivity.

For the connectivity and save bonus I can say that Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is one of those that you can connect and get some bonuses (?), sadly I traded my PS3 before I could check that, I know that playing Valkyria Chonicles in the PS3 and copying the savedata to PSP you could use a function to import and receive bonuses (?), again I never checked this, but it is listed in my PSP DLC thread. You could do something for Gran Turismo (PSP) and Gran Turismo 5 (PS3), it was about the car collection, I don't quite remember what it was.
For the connectivity between PSP-PS2 I can't remember anything else than Monster Hunter Portable with Monster Hunter 2 DOS and for the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force which... disappointed me.

Now if you want to play something between those consoles I don't know which games released with that function so finding them could be a bit difficult and aside from the game commented in the previous post I only know one "game" that can only be played in the PSP if you connect it to the same game in the PS3 which are the Hatsune Miku Project Diva Deamy Theater or at least this is what I can assume from everywhere I read about it since I never bothered to check.
Now about the PSP I think that any PSP game that can be played in the PS3 should work in adhoc and I only have tried Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Portable 3 and I had no issues.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
The Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Dreamy Theater (初音ミク -Project DIVA- ドリーミーシアター) games on PS3 all connect to their respective PSP games in order to play them. The Dreamy Theater games are basically just a way to play the PSP games on a PS3 so they copy save data over from the PSP version and such to unlock things. I haven't played them myself, but I don't think it's even possible to do anything in the Dreamy Theather games without the PSP games as all unlocking songs and such needs to be done on PSP and then the save copied over. The 1st one even requires the PSP to be connected at all times while playing the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku:_Project_DIVA#Project_DIVA
Japanese Wikipedia page has a bit more info: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/初音ミク_-Project_DIVA-#初音ミク_-Project_DIVA-_ドリーミーシアター

Reactions: Eleganto

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the connectivity between PSP-PS2 I can't remember anything else than Monster Hunter Portable with Monster Hunter 2 DOS and for the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force which... disappointed me.
I have SOCOM 3 for PS2 and you practically NEED to play it in order to unlock certain weapons in Fireteam Bravo 1 without cheating. Same thing vice versa with a few items- but I have yet to do it. I need to put that on my to-do, I usuallly just play the PSP and live with what can be unlocked already. But that Mini Uzi would be nice to set in my loadout.

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what it actually does, but I just saw Madden 10 has "PS3 Connectivity (Infrastructure) (USB)" on the back of it's box.
EDIT: Sorry for the bump, I thought it was from a month ago, not an entire year ago

Reactions: Eleganto

KellyCollins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Absolutely! It's awesome that you got Monster Hunter Portable 3rd working with its English patch. That game is a gem.

To answer your question, there were indeed some games that utilized PSP-PS3 connectivity outside of Remote Play. Here are a few I remember:
  1. Resistance: Retribution and Resistance 2 - There was an "Infection" mode where, if you connected your PSP to PS3 with Resistance 2 running, your character in Retribution would be infected by the Chimera virus. This changed gameplay and story elements.
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - You could transfer your saved game between the PSP and the PS3. So you could play on the go and then continue on your big screen.
  3. LittleBigPlanet - You could sync and share certain costumes and stickers between the PS3 and PSP versions.
  4. Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 - You could transfer cars from your PSP to your PS3.
There might be more, but these are the major titles that come to mind. It's a shame this feature wasn't explored more since the connectivity possibilities between handheld and console were really exciting.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SOCOM 3 for PS2 and you practically NEED to play it in order to unlock certain weapons in Fireteam Bravo 1 without cheating. Same thing vice versa with a few items- but I have yet to do it. I need to put that on my to-do, I usuallly just play the PSP and live with what can be unlocked already. But that Mini Uzi would be nice to set in my loadout.
There's also Crash Tag Team Racing where if you connected the PSP version with PS2 to unlock two battle arenas & 5 cars in both, and a new Multiplayer Battke mode on PS2!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: