Hacking Question What version is compatible with Micro SDXC (128GB)?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently on Amazon Germany, Sandisk A1 128GB costs 40€ while the 200GB is 56€ so the € per GB is even lower than the 128GB. 256GB is about 120€ though and totally not worth it.
Interesting. Last I checked 200GB was a 100 bucks.

E: yeah, just saw it. its currently on sale.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently on Amazon Germany, Sandisk A1 128GB costs 40€ while the 200GB is 56€ so the € per GB is even lower than the 128GB. 256GB is about 120€ though and totally not worth it.
Thanks, even with a few extra euros for shipping to the UK this is still a lot cheaper than the same card on Amazon UK. Hope the sale lasts until I have the money for it!

Reactions: windhazard

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm planning to buy a 128gb micro SDXC... I've searching on Google about the compatible version of the firmware but the only thing I found is things like "You need to update your console to use it"... so, any of you know which version is required to use this kind of micro SD?
The ExFAT update isn't actually part of the regular firmware updates, it's only downloaded once you plug in an ExFAT formatted MicroSD.
ExFAT or FAT32 probably doesn't matter for official software, but I could see it mattering with homebrew. For example NAND backups are rather large (but there is now a tool to backup NAND in parts so no issue there), in the future playing media could be an issue since movies often tend to be larger than 4GB. Also, I heard Dolphin runs pretty well in Linux on it (and once Vulkan gets added it should be even better), but of course many Wii games are over 4GB even when in WBFS format, luckily those can be split up. PS2 games on the other hand (if we ever get a good speed PS2 emulator on it) could be tricky.
Hopefully by the time we actually have a use for putting files larger than 4GB on the thing emuNAND will be released.
Here you go:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...e-9bc7-490b-bbe1-2caf7e752c98&pf_rd_i=desktop

Just found out that the 128GB is cheaper on amazon uk while 200GB is cheaper in germany.
But isn't the 128GB card cheaper than €40 other places? So it still wouldn't necessarily make sense to get the 200GB card.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah might be the case in UK for example, the 128GB only costs 30 GBP. Anyway the point is, 128 and 200GB cards are not overpriced anymore and depends on your need, both are good options. Just don't go for 256GB or 400GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay