What Was Your First ROM?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Super Mario Land. When a friend setup the emulator with the rom I couldn't believe a GB game running on my PC for FREE
gbasp.gif

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
my mate got vba and told me hes playing game boy games on his pc im like wow cool! then he put files on a disk with a couple other games which didnt work since they were shortcuts but vba worked and i got bored in a few minutes
smile.gif

p.s. oh yeah the rom was probably pokemon since thats all i can remember

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really know.
I remember the following things:
2 CD's with NeoGeo and NeoRagex.
1 CD with all snes roms + emulator
N64 emulator with Zelda OoT, and I was like "ZoMG!" but my gfxcard couldn't handle it.
And some friend who told me about Pokémon Gold and Silver, and after some searching on the internets, I found an emulator and the rom.

But I don't know which came first...

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My brother had a NES emulator a long, long time ago with a bunch of NES roms. Played these alot before even realizing it was NES. (so yes, it must have been a loong time ago =) )

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC, Pokémon Red. It was so long ago, I can barely remember. But I'm almost sure it was Pokémon Red... a friend of mine gave me a diskette (you remember those? I feel old...) with both Pokémon Red and Pokémon Pikachu, Japan's Yellow Edition. As it was in Japanese, I skipped Yellow and went for Red. After I had discovered what emulation was, SNES and the rest of the GBC library followed
smile.gif

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, my first rom? Pretty sure it was a translated pokemon green, like back when pokemon was new in the US.

I think my second was Dragonball Z: Hyper Dimension.

Brings back memories :') (tears of joy and happiness!)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My first EVER encounter with the concept of ROMs and emulators was around 5th grade, 11 years ago. In our country original consoles were a rarity and 99% were NES bootleg spinoffs. I was the only lucky guy with a Gameboy.

Around that time a friend got a SNES from Holland and I became mad over Super Mario World. It was the most awesome game I had played to that date, and as I pouted about whenever I could borrow her SNES and play it, I randomly heard a friend of mine one day talk about playing Mario on his computer. When he mentioned "Iggy's Castle" it became clear what it was. Alas my 486 was too weak to emulate SNES, so I was stuck with carrying the ROM and SNES9X DOS emu with me wherever I went. I only got to play it ONCE on someone else's comp, image was unscaled therefor terribly small. Controls felt awkward yet familiar. It was such an odd feel to be able to play wherever I went a game I once thought playable only on a video console...

The first time I actually got to PLAY a ROM was at the school IT lab 9 years ago, it was POKÉMON BLUE VERSION and it was played on an emulator which I forget, but I remember it was one with mandatory sound support, fixed keys, and a bug where at the start of a battle one of the main trainer's pixel rows would slide across from the OTHER side. I eventually managed to play it on someone else's comp since mine was the same as 2 years ago, and had no sound card. I eventually downloaded RED version aswell and found savegames to be compatible as long as the save wasn't made inside a building(it would then be glitch city). It was also around that time that I discovered Visualboy Advance, which I continued to play them on at that person.

The first time I actually got to PLAY A ROM ON MY OWN COMPUTER was, again Pokémon Red and Blue, 8 years ago. I found a lightweight emulator called "Rew" which also supported savestates and TRIED to emulate GB Link to a point, though always failed at some point. It also supported savestates, which I had first heard about on SNES9X.

My real emulation age began 6 years ago, when I FINALLY got a decent computer, and used VBA for GB and GBA games and SNES9X for SNES games and, 4 years ago, PSX, debuting with Final Fantasy IX.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
First NDS Rom: Pokemon Diamond
First PSP ISO: WipeOut Pulse (I got this first, so this is considered my first Rom/ISO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its too simple what i have done