DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (author of The Da Vinci Code)
It's a freaking kickass book, definitely better than the previous two, which is really saying something.

nr4irts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamezway.com
XP
Country
United States
forgot it,
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im reading Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab and the moment and its fantastic. Before tht i read McNabs Boy Soldier Collection and they were also great. Before tht it was the gears of war book : astro fields which was quite good and next im hoping on reading halo fall of reach as a friend has just bought it

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have recently read:
- Harry Potter and the Philosphers Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Every single Deltora Quest Novel
- The Watcher Trilogy
- The Justice Game
- Frankenstein
- Hamlet

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Edgedancer said:
Satangel said:
Finished Brisingr a week ago, now waiting for the last book in the series to be released.
It is such a good book. I would suggest you move onto some other fantasy titles now.

It's indeed quite good. But I still prefer Harry Potter and Darren Shan above this series now.
Maybe the books are badly translated, or maybe the writer just isn't as good as JK Rowling and Darren Shan, but I don't like his way of writing.
It's too dramatic, too long in some parts, which keeps it from being an essential book for me.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Edgedancer said:
Satangel said:
Finished Brisingr a week ago, now waiting for the last book in the series to be released.
It is such a good book. I would suggest you move onto some other fantasy titles now.

It's indeed quite good. But I still prefer Harry Potter and Darren Shan above this series now.
Maybe the books are badly translated, or maybe the writer just isn't as good as JK Rowling and Darren Shan, but I don't like his way of writing.
It's too dramatic, too long in some parts, which keeps it from being an essential book for me.
You may be right about the pace of the novels. Sometimes you just want to get on with the story but he doesn't unfortunately. If you want a faster paced novel, try Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy as they are fantasy with a whole lot of action. If you dont care at all about fantasy however but want a fast-paced book, try reading anything by Matthew Reilly. When reading any of his novels, it is like watching an action movie. He is so good and his next novel comes out right in the middle of my major tests so that sucks a bit.
You had me confused with the translation comment but then I realised that you dont neccessarily read novels in English. I am

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I've read Lost Symbol, and I must say that honestly I did not like it much (Well that or someone put a fake E-book as a joke, but I doubt that). Oh well ,going to start on the Devery Saga soon (a series of books by Katherine Kerr).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last book I read was Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis, which was mandatory summer reading for my US I class. And it was bad. All it did was add useless elaboration on key concepts in US history. The book was 60% flair, 35% history you already knew, and 5% useless history you didn't know. I got a 100% on the project for it, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1