What's the last book you've read?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I just finished Mister B Gone which has turned out to be one of the coolest books I've read and one of my favourites. I'm just about to make a start on George Orwells Animal Farm cos I haven't read it since I was a kid and it's one of my favourite stories. Everybody should read it!

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Gospel Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster...and that was 2 years ago
laugh.gif

jurassicbond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
I read Terry Pratchet

I've read most of his books
smile.gif

How are they? I read Color of Magic and didn't care for it, so I never looked into his other ones. However, a few months ago I read Good Omens and really enjoyed it, so I'm thinking about getting trying him out again sometime. Where's a good place to start if I do?

On topic, the last book I read was The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TrolleyDave said:
I just finished Mister B Gone which has turned out to be one of the coolest books I've read and one of my favourites. I'm just about to make a start on George Orwells Animal Farm cos I haven't read it since I was a kid and it's one of my favourite stories. Everybody should read it!
I'm sooo glad you liked it Trolley....I was a bit nervous at first, that you got the book because i mentioned, so I would feel responsible in the case you didn't liked it, but
yay.gif

I love Animal Farm, great story with a great message!

I'm currently reading Winston Effect..One of the best books, if not the best, if you're into animatronics, puppetry and special effects in movies (Cameron, Spielberg, Burton etc.)..Stan Winston was a true artist and a genius
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
jurassicbond said:
How are they? I read Color of Magic and didn't care for it, so I never looked into his other ones. (...) Where's a good place to start if I do?

Yeah, Colour of Magic was still a bit rough and unpolished. He was still finding his feet, and the universe was still undefined. In fact, some of the later books contradict several things that were said in the first two. For the sake of the series, it's best to pretend the first two never happened, and start from, say, Equal Rites.

There are several parallel (and sometimes overlapping) series placed in the same universe. Here's a diagram. The first books of a series is usually the best place to start. For example, my favourite book in the Watch series is Jingo, but you shouldn't jump straight to it because you might miss a lot of stuff that leans on the previous books in the series. Nothing big, it can stand on its own just fine, but you'll simply enjoy it more if you've read the previous books.

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the last book i've read is a book called Skin Hunger. It's pretty good with these people trying to revive magic and help people. The story's split into two Characters Point of View. I'd recommend it.

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicbond said:
alidsl said:
I read Terry Pratchet

I've read most of his books
smile.gif

How are they? I read Color of Magic and didn't care for it, so I never looked into his other ones. However, a few months ago I read Good Omens and really enjoyed it, so I'm thinking about getting trying him out again sometime. Where's a good place to start if I do?

On topic, the last book I read was The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie.

If you enjoy comedic fantasy books like Pratchett, I highly recommend the Myth series by Robert Asprin. Or you could always go with the classics and read The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series.
smile.gif

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
just finished a treasury of modern fantasy... funny thing is its from 1981 lol still a nice collection of short storys though.... probably find some ian banks next... don't know why but love all his slice of life stuff... read the wasp factory for a quick intersting ride... it will mess with your head lol

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Gobnoblin said:
read the wasp factory for a quick intersting ride... it will mess with your head lol
The smiling baby... the smiling baby...
wtf.gif
*twitch*

Yeah, interesting book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: