What's your favorite discontinued food/drink

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A&W rootbeer circa 1990 or earlier. It had a maple like flavouring that current A&W rootbeer is lacking.

As for foods, hmm likely too many to think of, but in recent times I miss the spice they offered for KFC chicken during the Chinese Olympic games. Fortunately I had the good sense to go to some of the outlets and bug them for spare packets and I have a jar of the stuff in the cupboard. But it won't last forever.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really miss Crispy Wheats 'n' Raisins.

There's never been a crisp....like this. It's Crispy Wheats 'n' Raisins.

They really did stay crispy in milk.
frown.gif

I guess most of the other stuff I miss isn't really discontinued, just unavailable or rare.

I stumbled across some Little Debbie Star Crunch in a dollar store this weekend. Made my day!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone seen Runts lately? I haven't been able to find those for a few years, and I'm hoping they're not discontinued.

Love them banana Runts.

runts_vending_candy.jpg

Noondae

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
Has anyone seen Runts lately? I haven't been able to find those for a few years, and I'm hoping they're not discontinued.

Love them banana Runts.

I haven't seen them in stores. Sometimes I see them in those little candy dispensers at malls or restaurants.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if these are actually discontinued, but I haven't seen them in years:

4149m.jpg

When I was a kid, I could get one for a quarter and it'd last me all day. Take a bite, pull the wrapping back over it, throw in my pocket, and do that all day long. Not the best candy bar out there, but I was stingy even when I was little.
tongue.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Not sure if these are actually discontinued, but I haven't seen them in years:

snip

When I was a kid, I could get one for a quarter and it'd last me all day. Take a bite, pull the wrapping back over it, throw in my pocket, and do that all day long. Not the best candy bar out there, but I was stingy even when I was little.
tongue.gif
The vanilla charleston chews are definitely still around. I just saw some in a Halloween candy pack the other day. Not sure about the other two though. Can't say I've ever had the other flavors.

Jasonage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
Omg, Waffle Crisp! That was the best cereal ever. I tried that Eggo Waffle cereal, it's similar to Waffle Crisp.

When I was a kid, I remember my dad used to sometimes buy me these medium-sized chocolate eggs... I can't remember their name, but I think the brand was Kinder or something.

kindereggfun.jpg

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Medic said:
AXYPB said:
White chocolate candy in general. What happened?

They still have Hershey's white chocolate.

hersheyscc_wr.jpg
I know that, but only a few years ago there were many more white chocolate products. Even the Hershey's Cookies & Cream is becoming more difficult to find each month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up