What's your favourite thing YOU'VE ever made?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was watching a guy that makes pens, technical ball pens.
I suddenly made a travel back in time when I was making my iwn dip pens and homemade ink.
My nib pens actually worked, and I loved the whole process and careful trimming. The idea of turning a Coke can into something useful, and burning paper + wood to be creative was an exciting accomplishment for me. Talking about a decade ago, maybe more.
Fortunately (or not) found a very cheap nib pen in the nearest flea market and I haven't gone back to making my own nibs.

Unfortunately no pics to show as none of them has survived up till now. But I still own a bit of homemade ink that I stopped using a long time ago.

Was wondering if you guys have done, created or accomplished something that you're very proud of doing.
Mind sharing with us?

Reactions: SylverReZ

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wish I still had the pictures, but they are long gone for this project. During my high school years, I got really into repairing Nintendo DSes and ended up with a box of old parts. One day, I decided to see if I could make something out of those parts. I ended up making 2 black and white systems out of the parts. Unfortunately, they ended up breaking over time since they were pretty cheaply fixed at the time.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it have to be one or two things? Because I've got about a few.
Post automatically merged:

I'll do one first.

I've wanted to play some great classics on my ZX Spectrum +2B that I bought way back in August. From what I've heard on the internet, you can load games straight from your PC onto your Spectrum way faster than having to wait for all eternity by using one of those cheap cassette adapters. So, I went ahead and bought one from eBay for around £2, and it arrived way faster than I had expected. As soon as I tried loading up a game on my Spectrum with "OTLA" running in the background, I kept getting either loading errors or the Spectrum just unexpectedly resetting itself every time. I was starting to wonder on why this was happening to begin with, I tried turning down the volume as I thought that clipping was the issue, but no, still got the same issue.

I then later concluded that the problem all boiled down to the jack that the adapter uses. Instead, it used a stereo jack instead of a mono jack, hence why I was having a lot of troubles getting it to work in the first place, not only that but strangely enough the cassette head used is a mono one. The solution to this problem, simple: replace the cable entirely. I took it upon myself to tear down the adapter, splice up an already existing mono cable that I happen to have in my parts bin, and solder the wires directly to the cassette head, replacing the old wires. To make room for the wires, despite them being slightly thicker, I had to melt off bits of the plastic shell with my soldering iron, then super glue the wires in place.

In conclusion, despite my DIY job not being as perfect, it worked like a charm.

20221103_034108.jpg

Inside of this contraption. Apologies if you have to see this. :rofl2:

20221103_033844.jpg

The final project, looking better already.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move