What's your favourite way to watch a film?

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There have been so many formats to watch movies on! Dating back to the first movies ever which used Reels. (Don't ask me about different sized reels, I was not born the years they were made) to Hard disks, iDevices and other such digital devices that make the tedious menus, rewinding and trying not to scratch all pointless! I really felt like just posting something today, but you can reply to this if you want! I mainly would just like to read about what your favorite format to watch movies and tv on. I personally like the digital media such as Hard Disks because they mean no menus or rewinding, just the film at my fingertips and clicks! Say what your favorite format to watch movies on here. Bye! :yay:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nowadays it's about digital distribution for me.

Stuff like Netflix is rather high quality if you have a decent connection and it's just so convenient. Other than that, piracy lets you choose from a variety of formats and quality.

EDIT: Also Laserdisk master race.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im all about the portability of movies. Netflix is on 3 different mobile devices of mine (3DS, Nook Tablet, Ipod Touch) Along with various movies downloaded to the tablet and itouch.
I love the convenience of carrying your movies around with you, sitting on the toilet and watching a movie then carrying it back to your room and laying down without missing anything. Its also great when I cant think of a game I want to play or if Im just not in a gaming mood.

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im all about the portability of movies. Netflix is on 3 different mobile devices of mine (3DS, Nook Tablet, Ipod Touch) Along with various movies downloaded to the tablet and itouch.
I love the convenience of carrying your movies around with you, sitting on the toilet and watching a movie then carrying it back to your room and laying down without missing anything. Its also great when I cant think of a game I want to play or if Im just not in a gaming mood.

Yeah! Gotta agree that portable movies on the go are pretty f***ing great!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laptop tends to be my go-to destination for watching movies and shows. Flat-screens and couches are nice, but not quite as convenient.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same but my laptops hdmi'd up to a 50" tv, so basically if im on the go i got my tiny 11" screen if im at home it has to be bigger. As for the source it has to be torrent, I get to choose the quality and file format, I also grab 700mb rips for storage, reminds me my 2tb drive is nearly full, need to save up for another

Oh one more thing, 3D needs to die, directors are getting bored of it, consumers are getting bored of it, even nintendo has turned around and said its not all that. Let the novelty die

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Stuff like Netflix is rather high quality if you have a decent connection and it's just so convenient. Other than that, piracy lets you choose from a variety of formats and quality.

Netflix needs to get more shows and everything on it. The catalog is kinda not as impressive anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never really thought about what format I enjoy. I am not a big fan of streaming or piracy. Streaming would be a great thing, if movies/TV shows didn't always get removed. Netflix was great, but now most of the shows I watched on it have been removed.
And piracy just takes up too much room.

I just prefer hard copies. So pretty much VHS, DVD's, and or BlueRay. Anything I can own and go back to later.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I still have one of the Homeward bounds on Laserdisc at my parents place.

But yeah.
Pretty much 720p, 1080p .mkv files for me.
I just pick one in the best quality and download/store it on my serverlaptops external harddisk.

If my 360 supports it with streaming then I stream it to my 360.
Otherwise I copy it over to my own laptop and watch it on there.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer watching them from my hard drive. Even more so because of the HDMI port on my laptop. I also love streaming, convenience is amazing. I also prefer to watch movies and anime with a pizza and some Iced tea.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
DVDs and VideoCDs, or VHS if there's none around.

Just kidding. Store them on my hard drive. I have a pretty big collection, and it still only takes up around 400Gb, which is nothing, really!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1