Homebrew What's your reason for wanting arm9/arm11 control?

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"updating" without losing homebrew exploits like spider3dstools by only updating emuNAND and not sysnand. also getting an updated Nver in emuNAND so I don't have to lose hacks just to access the eShop. staying on top of new features without losing hacks each time an update comes out. basically having cake and eating it too. plenty of reasons to want arm9 and arm11 kernel access other than piracy but it's that one small thing over the many others that seems to be why people are against it. I already bought all the games I wanted what possible need for piracy could I have? just because others use it to pirate doesn't mean we should all suffer because someone isn't comfortable with it. I'd use piracy-free NTR CFW if it meant kernel access and all the neat things that come with it. shame they'd speculate someone would reverse engineer it and get piracy somehow. I really don't care about the whole fight over it I just don't want to be caught in the middle because of what people are for or against.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
First and foremost, emulation. Especially SNES and GBA ones.
After that, region lock bypass, since some of the latest localization issues annoy me (especially the Awakening one, where we lost the interesting change of Robin's dialogues being changed by his/her attitude)
Also, the ability to dump my own games on the SD card, as having approx. 15 3DS games to move every time is slowly becoming a hassle.
And last, romhacks. Be it Pokemon "721" roms or retranslations, it can be fun.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
DAMN you!

First and foremost, emulation. Especially SNES and GBA ones.
After that, region lock bypass, since some of the latest localization issues annoy me (especially the Awakening one, where we lost the interesting change of Robin's dialogues being changed by his/her attitude) HANS/RegionFOUR
Also, the ability to dump my own games on the SD card, as having approx. 15 3DS games to move every time is slowly becoming a hassle. Braindump
And last, romhacks. Be it Pokemon "721" roms or retranslations, it can be fun. HANS
You can do these under arm11 userland already.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy of 3DS games, full speed snes emulator(I think?), and GBA injection.

Does 9.2 o3DS have full speed snes emulation even?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
6.3 anyone? :P

Also, for homebrew, or maybe a custom OS that I'm WAAAY too lazy to make :P
I mean... I got my Zelda gold old3DS very cheap, so CHEAP BARE METAL TO MAKE SHIT FOR!
Sadly, this is not the case... I whish the 3DS whouldn't contain the stoopid hardware-based unique keyscrambler crypto-thingy. If that wasn't present, then we would see whole operating systems ("shipped" as NAND images) instead of people trying to make homebrew with this small "space" Nin10DOH limits us into. The idea of the 3DS is just sooooo pretty great and innovative, but we can't really use it all, because of these cheap moves Nin10DOH makes to prevent using the device as a bare-metal programming device.

I hate these cheap commercial moves... WE NEED OPEN3DS :P But I'm 100% sure that this is copyrighted, so that's probably not going to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm living out of my car, he better make 600k a year