Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
God created all life, and he has perfect reasoning
Says who?
Says a lot of people on the planet.

wink.gif
Doesn't mean it's true, but it's all what you think.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Tanas said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Magmorph said:
The God of the Bible gives the order to murder a number of times and even does it himself. I don't know very much about the God of the Quran.
To kill, not to murder. God created life, and it belongs to him, so it's logical that he has the right to take it away. Murder is not the same thing.

So going by your logic, its logical that you have the right to kill your own child because after you did create it?
Of course not. Last time I checked I'm not God. How would that show respect to the person that gave me life in the first place? God created all life, and he has perfect reasoning, while I don't. The killing of my own child would be wrong as I'm not the life giver.

QUOTE(Uncle FEFL @ Apr 10 2011, 06:45 PM)
Just reading the Bible, you soon find out that God is in fact a murderer.
I have read it.
And you still disagree with god of the bible being a murderer, even though you have read facts for yourself?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanas said:
And you still disagree with god of the bible being a murderer, even though you have read facts for yourself?
Like I said, there's a difference between killing and murder. Who are we to try and judge God by human standards? That's backwards.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Tanas said:
Like I said, there's a difference between killing and murder. Who are we to try and judge God by human standards? That's backwards.
By that logic, who are you to try and judge god's intentions in the bible? That's backwards.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Tanas said:
God was the one who gave us human standards. If he didn't want us to judge him he could have easily not given them to us.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Tanas said:
By that logic, who are you to try and judge god's intentions in the bible? That's backwards.
It's pointless trying to reason with the likes of him, he's just to far gone, you may as well try and reason with dog shit that you have just trodden in.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Blood Fetish said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Tanas said:
It's pointless trying to reason with the likes of him, he's just to far gone, you may as well try and reason with dog shit that you have just trodden in.
He could say the same thing about you. That's why his whole thread is pointless. People rarely change their points of view, so why have a thread that is just pointless arguments that aren't going to be resolved?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Of course not. Last time I checked I'm not God. How would that show respect to the person that gave me life in the first place? God created all life, and he has perfect reasoning, while I don't. The killing of my own child would be wrong as I'm not the life giver.

Would you call sending down your son to die for sins you knew you created "reasonable"? Especially since you know you can solve it any way you want, meaning without some dramatic murder?

How about a snap of the fingers?
How about a rainbow with a message on it?
How about a flash of light?
Why the creation and murder of a son?

QUOTEI have read it.

Read it again?

EDIT: Damn, my thousandth post was in a religious topic.

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
He could say the same thing about you. That's why his whole thread is pointless. People rarely change their points of view, so why have a thread that is just pointless arguments that aren't going to be resolved?
Negative. Atheists are looking for evidence. They have not made up their minds based upon nothing. Religious people, on the other hand, purposely reject all presented evidence and cannot be made to reason.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
DeathStrudel said:
Negative. Atheists are looking for evidence. They have not made up their minds based upon nothing. Religious people, on the other hand, purposely reject all presented evidence and cannot be made to reason.
When i said people rarely change their point of view I was referring to religious people and their points of view on religion, I guess I should've been more specific

edit: however I can pretty much guarantee nobody is going to convince any atheists to change their mind in this thread

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
edit: however I can pretty much guarantee nobody is going to convince any atheists to change their mind in this thread
Like I said many times in this thread, present some evidence for the existence of god and I'll consider it. Of course, none of you can so no atheist will be convinced of anything.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
DeathStrudel said:
Like I said many times in this thread, present some evidence for the existence of god and I'll consider it. Of course, none of you can so no atheist will be convinced of anything.
exactly! I'm not try to disagree with you, as I am an atheist as well, I'm just saying why go looking for evidence when you know that nobody here has it?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
amaro said:
God was created by Man in order to comfort himself.
lecture.gif
I can remember this in a philosophy class. So it was like this: "When a human being thinks about a higher entity, that idea, by itself, could not exist (because we are among only humans and no one has seen God). So, who put that idea there? a higher entity. So philosophycally speaking, god exist"
It was something like that. In philosophy a god exist.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
Blood Fetish said:
DeathStrudel said:
exactly! I'm not try to disagree with you, as I am an atheist as well, I'm just saying why go looking for evidence when you know that nobody here has it?
Why do you continue to post here, if this is your opinion?

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Necron N.N said:
amaro said:
God was created by Man in order to comfort himself.
lecture.gif
I can remember this in a philosophy class. So it was like this: "When a human being thinks about a higher entity, that idea, by itself, could not exist (because we are among only humans and no one has seen God). So, who put that idea there? a higher entity. So philosophycally speaking, god exist"
It was something like that. In philosophy a god exist.
Man has never seen a unicorn. Man thinks about unicorns. Therefore, unicorns are real.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
DeathStrudel said:
Blood Fetish said:
DeathStrudel said:
Why do you continue to post here, if this is your opinion?
Because he knows that he isn't going to be convinced anyways, so why even debate something with somebody else that isn't going to be convinced to change either?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...