stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
tagzard said:
im a jehovahs witness and i proud to be one. even though my religion has alot of haters i stand strong and im pround to be a witness.
It really just gets hate because they stroll by your house every two days and want to tell you about their beliefs. It's pretty annoying when you're doing other stuff.
That reminds me of those mormon ads I constantly get on youtube.

EDIT: Also, saying you're "proud to be" anything is instantly going to get you hated by anyone who doesn't agree.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm an atheist. That's an absence of religion by the way, for anybody who tries to argue that it is a religion. Just saying that, as I know people that will argue to no end that it's a religion and it annoys me.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
Ikki said:
tagzard said:
im a jehovahs witness and i proud to be one. even though my religion has alot of haters i stand strong and im pround to be a witness.
It really just gets hate because they stroll by your house every two days and want to tell you about their beliefs. It's pretty annoying when you're doing other stuff.
I mean it fine for people to state their religion, but there is a place, time and manner to do it.

Some just place a flyer on the door or something. Quite reasonable.
happy.gif
Funny thing is they actually give you a flyer (more like a little book) after they're done talking or you tell them off.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
Ikki said:
tagzard said:
I mean it fine for people to state their religion, but there is a place, time and manner to do it.

Some just place a flyer on the door or something. Quite reasonable.
happy.gif
Funny thing is they actually give you a flyer (more like a little book) after they're done talking or you tell them off.
if people dont want to listen we dont mind people saying im sorry im not interested. its that simple

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what to call myself any more, I'm leaning towards agnostic. I was raised to be a Christian since I could barely talk, but as I got older I started thinking logically about things more and more, and science makes more sense than creationism in many ways. Natural selection seems virtually indisputable. Still, though, I can't just write off the possibility of some higher being. And, maybe this is just because habits don't die easily, but whenever I find myself stressed or in a tight situation I pray, if nothing else to calm my nerves.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the most powerful object(s) in the universe (+ any other existential/transcendental realms) is God(s).

Any other inference on God is speculation and subject to be disproved. Even my definition requires some subjective views on what is the most powerful. Notice I didn't even specify if it is a living being or not.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddhist. And about religion being great, sure, I guess it somehow gives us something to believe in, to maybe strive for after we die, but I hate how many religions are the cause of deaths throughout history, and I wonder how the world would be if there were not to be religion.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe in a God, but I try to avoid specific religions.

I think every "Organized" religion is bullshit and a scam, but I just don't talk about religion because it ends up in fighting.

I just live life, and try not to think about how the life was created and what not.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I think every "Organized" religion is bullshit and a scam, but I just don't talk about religion because it ends up in fighting.
I wouldn't exactly say that, because I do know some people who really have changed for the better after finding a path. It gets bad when people take religions out of context, but in those cases where religion makes someone a better person, it's definitely a good thing.

I don't follow any particular religion, but I have friends of just about every faith, from both ends of the spectrum of hardcore atheist to devout, God-fearing follower. As long as you have an open mind it's generally easy to talk to people about their religion and not end up fighting.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
KingVamp said:
The way I see it is God made evolution. So yea...

God cares. If God dictates then there be no bad and only "good" without freedom.

Pretty much act right/be good like God want you to and believe.

tagzard what is yours?
im a jehovahs witness and im proud to be one. even though my religion has alot of haters i stand strong and im pround to be a witness. i shall stay a witness forever.
what congregation do you go to i go to hampton east

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I'm an atheist. That's an absence of religion by the way, for anybody who tries to argue that it is a religion. Just saying that, as I know people that will argue to no end that it's a religion and it annoys me.

Either you're wrong and atheism is a religion, or you're a *censored by an atheist moderator* for posting a reply on a thread asking about your religion. Your enlightened mind really didn't see that problem?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm Christian. But I also share most of the scientific theories (less the evolutionary one). I think they explain the same things in other ways and with scientific basis.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
I'm one of the lesser Christian Asians.

Not trying to be stereotypical or racist, but I believe most Eastern Asia people are Buddhists or Atheist.
Strange, All of the Asians I know are Christian and make fun of our religions.....I've always thought that most Asians (at least where I lived) were Christian, making me feel very left out.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu9000 said:
awssk8er said:
I wouldn't exactly say that, because I do know some people who really have changed for the better after finding a path. It gets bad when people take religions out of context, but in those cases where religion makes someone a better person, it's definitely a good thing.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought of that too before posting that, but whatever.

I don't know. I just feel like people take religion waaaay too seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [wakes up, gets a woodie I didn't want, runs up to K3Nv2 and has Cex with him]... +1