Gaming When are you going to get the Switch?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Certainly not before Splatoon 2, and probably not before the holiday period.
Seriously, the 3ds and Wii U cemented my opinion that it's just dumb to get any Nintendo console at launch:
> Got my 3ds at launch and it sat gathering dust for almost a year before there was anything worth playing on it.
> Waited for a decent selection of titles for Wii U before buying one - only got it 6 months ago.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Certainly not before Splatoon 2, and probably not before the holiday period.
Seriously, the 3ds and Wii U cemented my opinion that it's just dumb to get any Nintendo console at launch:
> Got my 3ds at launch and it sat gathering dust for almost a year before there was anything worth playing on it.
> Waited for a decent selection of titles for Wii U before buying one - only got it 6 months ago.

Similar happened to me with the 3DS. Bought it on launch paying premium. Got Street fighter IV and later LoZ - OoT. They reduced the price due to poor sales - that was a big bummer- and after that I mostly forgot about it. It also bummed me to see them release an XL version of it. I felt original was too small for my hands.

I now have the money for it and could use it mostly as a portable console. But games are way more expensive than 3DS ones. I have my doubts if they will sell a new improved version (better GPU from NVIDIA) in 6 months or a year from now.
I prefer PC to any console, but I might end up leaving my country again to work outside and portable console might be my only option, I still have 3DS backlog so I could still play this one till switch gets something worth my time)

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a switch the day it gets hacked. or when enough games are released that are real system sellers. whatever comes first will make me buy one.
currently there is not a single game I do not even have on other consoles. and that mario title alone won't make me buy a new console/handheld.

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A friend of mine can get it today, I hope the store where he gets his still has one for me! If not I'll get it on Friday (pre-ordered it at Media Markt)

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
20 Minutes after you could preorder it on amazon, and nope. At that time i didn't had one.
Ah, that makes sense then. I preordered it on the 10th of February, but for now the ETA is 3/7 or 3/8... I hoped that it would change, but now is a bit too late to hope getting it on day one

Reactions: DarkIrata

THATISRIGHT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be waiting for; or a 'great' bundle (which means with LOZ or another title WITH extra SD card(s)) OR for another 'version' (which could take a really long time when talking about Nintendo) think about a slimmer, bigger (memory size).
All with all, I'll wait a bit longer till I'm fully convinced of buying.

:)

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I can get 2 from my local game shops, 1 will be for normal use the other will stay boxed and on the lowest firmware until it gets hacked :P.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PINKY "So what you gonna do this time Brain?"

BRAIN "Same thing we did last time Pinky, buy the console at launch like a dummy, and wait for that one good game to come out and be happy."

Animaniacs humor. :P

Sorry spoiler contains nothing of use, but to be clear, yes i will get it launch day, with legend of zelda breath of the wild (A game i don't want) and then wait for that XENOBLADE 2 :D

I guess every thing in between, Blaster master zero, Ultra street fighter 2, Shovel Knight (MAYBE) Some other stuff....

NOTE: piracy gonna be hard with no dedicated HDD you know, like how most other consoles are? :unsure: (I'm not saying I do it, just a comment to anyone else thinking about it.)

Reactions: BARNWEY

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I plan to buy it at the end of the year. Hopefully, Nintendo released a red edition by that time....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?