When I run a ps2 game the ps3 just turns off and then blink red lights

Sultangamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Am trying to play tomb raider angle of darkness I tried playing it to see if the headset will work with it but the game itself didn't work the ps3 just turned off then started blinking red lights (am using webman)

Also is there a way to play bluetooth headset with ps2 games like an adaptor or something

Sameru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you’re using web man and you’re using pkg ps2 classics remember to change the fan speed in the settings to manual 40-50% so the console will not overheat and turn off. But if you’re using iso files I’m not sure why the console would turn off, maybe something is wrong with the game itself. You can also try playing it through managun

Reactions: PattiJDibble

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having the same issue for months and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Things I already tried:

1) changing the PS2 fan speed from 40% up to 100%
2) loading games from webman and multiman from iso files on the internal hdd
3) loading games from custom pkg
4) loading official ps2 games downloaded from the ps2 store
5) disabling filters and upscaling
6) using a different TV that's not 4K
7) Use a composite cable instead of HDMI
8) Change the HDMI cable for other different cables

Everything. I did everything and the console still crashes and blinks a red light until I turn it off and on again.
And this only happens when I try to play any PS2 game. PS1, PSP, PS3 and other emulators run fine, so it *** ISN'T *** a heat issue.

My console is a FAT CECH 80GB with Evilnat 4.90 FW, if that matters.

OldSchoolGamer86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you on this. I have web/multiman, and I cant rememeber off hand but 1 or 2 others, I get the red light, overheat than shutdown between 2-10 maybe if lucky 15 mins of it playing with manual fan speed at 40% all the time.

Ive not figured out how to run PSP games on a PS3 but I can PSX off the HDD and PS2 ISOs off the HDD(ofcourse prob comes from PS2 only. Real games and games FTP'd onto the HDD as u said also work fine.

Its strange.

I got a 160gb fat ps3 myself...I have a 1st gen 250gb slim I could mod but I dont want to. So I cant say if its bec of the hardware but I doubt it also.

How do u run PSP games? I tried but couldnt get any to run.

I hope to sometime get a 20 or 60 gig unit but until then my various PS2s are my best option. I use Composite cables on a 4:3 Sony Trinitron flatscreen tv so I know its not cable related.

Hopefully we can figure this out! Atleast u can use PS2 discs on that PS3! Haha I cant.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you on this. I have web/multiman, and I cant rememeber off hand but 1 or 2 others, I get the red light, overheat than shutdown between 2-10 maybe if lucky 15 mins of it playing with manual fan speed at 40% all the time.

Ive not figured out how to run PSP games on a PS3 but I can PSX off the HDD and PS2 ISOs off the HDD(ofcourse prob comes from PS2 only. Real games and games FTP'd onto the HDD as u said also work fine.

Its strange.

I got a 160gb fat ps3 myself...I have a 1st gen 250gb slim I could mod but I dont want to. So I cant say if its bec of the hardware but I doubt it also.

How do u run PSP games? I tried but couldnt get any to run.

I hope to sometime get a 20 or 60 gig unit but until then my various PS2s are my best option. I use Composite cables on a 4:3 Sony Trinitron flatscreen tv so I know its not cable related.

Hopefully we can figure this out! Atleast u can use PS2 discs on that PS3! Haha I cant.
Psp games are played with the mounter or as remastered. They both use the minis' emulator, where only about 40% are compatible.

lemsa42

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had this issues for several weeks now and finally found the solution on a reddit forum, i share it here in case someone still needs it
I had the same symptom. PS3 games run well but when i launch a PS2 format game, i got 3 beeps and red light.

It was because of my 4K TV which isn't recognized by the PS2 software (i guess ?). I went to game parameters and activated the PS2 scale enhancer (i don't know if it's named like this in english) on full screen, then launched my PS2 game. And it finally worked !

But it seems to not recognize PS4 controllers when in game

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel