smile.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well... we're still awaiting FF VI here in europe... not listed on those gamefaqs' page.. so... there's still some hope!
biggrin.gif

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I still have the original GB, GBC and other GB flavors. The screen is bad but the games are way better than many of the new NDS ones. GBA rulez.

Shebang

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... we're still awaiting FF VI here in europe... not listed on those gamefaqs' page.. so... there's still some hope!
biggrin.gif
Released June 29th! Theres quite a lot more GBA games to come out, most aren't listed on Gamefaqs. Sadly 95% are the usual cash in titles but who knows there could be the odd good game hidden there.

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The GBA will never die. It'll just get cheaper to buy I guess.

They'll probably stop developing games for it in the next 2 years I think.

A lot of younger kids still use the GBA, since it's a handheld older kids usually pass on to their younger siblings.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA will die! ppl trow the Gba down at the toiletÂ
cry.gif

tell me again why i should just throw out a prefectly awesome game system, that i can carry in my pocket everywhere i go?
with a library of thousands of games, and tons of really good ones? not to mention the quality of games as compared to NDS?
i just don't see why people want to see it die. NDS doesn't hold a candle to the GBA if you compare portability and games.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA may not die for a while. Didn't the last dreamcast game just come out earlier this year? SNK just ended their support for their Neo-Geo hardware recently.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew will keep it alive for a very long time, just like it does for the C64, Speccy, DC and so on. You may even get the odd commercial release like those systems get now and again. The Neo Geo even got a new game recently.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, when will the GBA finally come to an official end??
I'm betting the end of this year, say around Nov/Dec.

And ideas?

The GBC isn't even dead!
tongue.gif
Actually it is! Sure, there are still rom dumps and sure, maybe someone still makes homebrew for it but that doesn't mean it's officially dead.

I think the GBA will not die any time soon. Nintendo said they want to have it as a third platform. Although Nintendo itself doesn't make any games for it, it still gets crap released
rofl2.gif
Sure, the last 500 roms suck, but they are still made.

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
certainly by xmas they'll be gone.
The last walmart in my area with GBM systems just red tagged them at $30. Now the only discount stores locally with gba based systems are kmarts with their ancient stock.
Pretty much all the stores including the game shops seem to be selling through their current stock of systems/games and not ordering more.

GBA is dying right now. It's a shame since i don't see DS as being a fit to replace gba.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want GB or GBC games get a GBA SP. If your like me and already have a slot 2(or its coming) get a Micro. GBA Micro cant play GB or GBC games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...