United States

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that the last GBA should be a really good game, not a movie tie-in. Do it a respectful death. Like Pokemon for the GBC.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It dies when people stop talking about it.

Simple as that, no?

--The End--
Pretty much!

Last GB title: Pokemon Red/Blue. Great game.
Last GBC title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Great game.
Last GBA title: On schedule are Deal or No Deal, Enchanted, Frisbee/Frisbee Golf, Cars Mater, Arctic Tale, Crash of the Titans, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, Spyro Eternal Night and lots more.

Would be brilliant if Nintendo did have Mother 3 ready and were waiting until there were no more GBA releases left to release it.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It dies when people stop talking about it.

Simple as that, no?

--The End--

Pretty much!

Last GB title: Pokemon Red/Blue. Great game.
Last GBC title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Great game.
Last GBA title: On schedule are Deal or No Deal, Enchanted, Frisbee/Frisbee Golf, Cars Mater, Arctic Tale, Crash of the Titans, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, Spyro Eternal Night and lots more.

Would be brilliant if Nintendo did have Mother 3 ready and were waiting until there were no more GBA releases left to release it.

Exactly. Why haven't they released Mother 3 here? Its one of these decisions that I just don't understand because its not as if no-one would buy it.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Apparently it will never die like its predisesors and many other platforms. Yes there are still homebrew coming out and probably will be for many years to come. I have a couple of bricks, 2 pocket, a GBC, and the wide gba apart from the SP and DS and use all of them. They are deffinatelly not dead for me. I use the briks for recording music, the pockets for making music on the go and all of them for games, b&w on the brick and pocket and color on the gbc. Each one has its purpose and I love all of them.

Heck, there is still homebrew on production for the brick, in particular music apps. A lot of people (including me) use it to make music even today adn will still be using them for a loooong time. Also, playing games on the original console is better than the emus and you can even play those few odd games that will not work, or at keast not properly, on goomba like the excellent Monster max, prince of persia and others. Plus it brings back pleasant memories.

A platform however is officially dead when commercial game production has stopped so I'd say gba is almost dead. The few crappy movie tie-ins will not last too long. The publishers know that GBA is still a cheap and easy solution for parents whose children ask them persistently for a console or wish to keep them busy with something so that they won't have between their legs all day long and they also know that those games will sell to such audiences because they are already fans of the given franchise. This however will not last long. As stated earlier the DS offers the ability to make a (crappy) games fast and cheaper. Even big players such as square/enix take advantage of that (call me childern of mana). There are many DS games that could be released for the GBA, probably with slighly inferior GFX but still not enought to justify the need of the extra proccesing power. Yet they choose to release them for the DS.

Unfortunately there is no going back now. And do not be deceived by the fact that the DC lived long after Sega abandoned it. It will not happen with the GBA for the reasons I said above.

The only thing that is possible to happen now is to get one last good game. It will be sad to see it go like that. But really, no matter how much I would like it I doubt it will happen...

Arg I was pretty damn sure we would get the mother 3 translation by the end of the summer and most likely before that. I bet they delay it on purpose till they are 100% sure Nintendo is not releasing it. If that'sthe case then I wish GBA dies NOW! ...but with all that barbie in dickland, 2in1s, harry farter, dogzZz i think it's gonna be another year of waiting >_

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
unsure.gif
I wonder when the computer will die?
ohmy.gif

Apart from that i think someday after GBA games being released are naught but a mere trickle and developers realise they are losing money and no profit from pathetic movie tie-ins.

grifter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hopefully it will go out with a bang, yet will this mean another one of Nintendo's brilliant games that sells poorly due to an untimely release at the end of a consoles life?

paper mario - n64...

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It will already be death when they announce their new handheld.
That's anything we know for sure.
ohmy.gif

Also gba releases are getting a lot less since some weeks.
Could be a sign of death ? Oo

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I revived my GBA the other day by transfering all my games to PSP
smile.gif
now they look sexy on a sexy screen. Most of them work flawlessly too!

The GBA may die but it lives on inside other consoles
wink.gif
there is really no escape..

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
the gba is a classic console, its quite beautiful
heck... theres even an gbna emulator for ipod!

its like the snes, when our generation grows up, well look at the gba with nostalgia and we'll revive sometimes to play some great games again

pikirika

Trophies
XP
Country
Never! At least to me... I'm a 2D gamer and it's almost the only way to go. Nowadays people loves the graphics
, the 3D engine... and forget about the playability. Look at those pathetic 3D Castlevanias/ 3D Rygar (why in God's holy name not in the original form?) or the 2D ultimate ghost & goblins for example. The beauty of the gba games is the simplicity.
Well, I dig my DS as well but not that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...