Hacking where in the uk does 360 mods?

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iv recently got a 2nd hand 360 console and i plan to have it hacked to play back ups
but iv been out of the modding scene for about 2 yr so i just want to send it somewhere to be hacked/modded
i have a ton of back ups to play

where in the uk can i send my xbox to be hacked? can someone please point me in the direction of a web site or someplace? im not botherd about live i just want to be able to play my disc back ups and all new latest backups

cheers
my xbox i a black 4gb slim i beleive its the one with the built in smaller harddrive but i think it is fully updated i hope that doesnt matter

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't care about Xbox Live then I suggest RGHing it.
You'll be able to stick in a 2.5 inch HDD (up to 2TB) and place your games on that ;]

As for someone to hack it, I unfortunately don't live in the UK otherwise I'd have said that you could send it to me.

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks DS yes i wish i could have sent you it, its a shame your not in uk
the search continues im sure thers web site that you can send your 360 to for modding but i cant find any

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for that DS i was hoping maby someone could post a link to a web site that does them so i can send them it

anyone know of any sites that does them in the uk?

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ds i wonder if you could answer a few questions before i go see blakely.... iv been out of the scene for a while .. over 12 months
my last 360 was flashed to play back ups but they needed to be patched via a programe i had on my pc.. i dont remember the name

do i still need to pactch my backups to play them or is ther a way to play now without patching?
i have around 60+ patched back ups on discs that worked perfect on my old flashed fat white 360 will these still work on my new slim 360 once i have it modded?
i am hoping i can just copy my games to an ext hd and play them directly off it do these games need patched?

many thanks for your time.....

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you'll get it RGH'd then you'll no longer have to worry about patching backups.
You can rip your existing backups to your internal HDD with FSD (ask blakey to also flash your drive, if possible)
Any new backups you'll obtain can be extracted with Xbox image browser (to rip it to a xex format) or converted to a GOD file with ISO2GOD.
To set up FSD yourself, go here.

I'd go for an internal drive.
SATA is quicker then USB and it just looks neater.
Plus it takes up less space and you'll have everything with you (if you decide to take your box to someone)

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks ds
i just got your xexmenu thanks alot

one more question will it still play my normal boxed games once i have it flashed/modded?

i just sent blakely an email

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
If blakey does mod your 360, make sure he doesn't use his crappy test rgh chip.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's why I signed up here, to help people ;p

I think that Blakey would use a new RGH chip yes.
If not, he'd make sure it'll boot quickly.

Pyro had a bad experience dealing with Blakey, everything turned out fine in the end tho.

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dinohscene i have the option to use either a 250gb or 500gb harddrive in my xbox 360 slim which would you say would be enough?
will a 250 gb be plenty? or would you go for the 500gb?
what you got in yours? i dont expect ther to be too many new games comming for it now but i have around 25gb of xblive games to go on it

cheers

ps is ther a tut anywhere on actually how and where to put xblive and ripped disc games on the hd? i assuming it will be a different folder for live and disc based games

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
500 GB.
One single 360 game is roughly 5-6 GB (you have some of 200 MB and some which are 18 ish GB)
500 GB should suffice plenty if you're also copying DLC/XBLA and Xbox 1 games.

I meself gots a 500 GB and I gots ~70 GB left ;p

Humm, yes, first of all, install Freestyledash.
Putting games on the HDD, just plop in a DVD and go to the DVD extract tab.
Then locate HDD1:/360 xex (or whatever you name your game folder) and hit extract or copy.

XBLA, it's pretty much the same, just copy them to the assigned folder (XBLA in the tut)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did