Where to buy modchips for XBox?

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Divineo still stocks some chips, though that's the last I've seen of them.

At this point, I'd probably just flash the TSOP if I absolutely didn't want to softmod though.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh yea... Are there any other places I can buy mod chips for an XBox?

Maybe one that is near or in Canada xD

And a modchip that is solderless... I don't want to solder anything, but if there aren't any out there, the soldering ones...

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude softmod it get 007 mechassault or splinter cell 1st version and get to it at this day and time it's not worth
putting a chip in an orginal xbox the amazing things a softmod can do without opening the system and yes you can
put a bigger hdd in a non-chipped xbox thats the only time you would want to open it up....... either way you go
it's your call have fun happy gaming.......

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's the problem actually... I have no experience what so ever ~! Don't know anything about SoftModding... or what a 007 MechAssault is...

I think I am going to read some guides about soft modding, but continue giving some links... I need some guides on this... xP

EDIT: Now I know what 007 is... And all the other games you listed. Googled it, and I think I am going to teach myself how to soft-mod ^^
I shoulda read this earlier, I just went to EBGames yesterday~! How could I miss it~!? Gah...

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Need some guides on Soft Modding xDD

Most guides I can't link to, as they contain links to some not-so-legally built XBE files, however, there are two methods:

1. Buy an xbox action replay, an 8MB MS memory card, and an exploitable game (really cheap ones). Copy hacked savegame to xbox, load the savegame, softmod installer menu appears.
2. Boot the xbox in such a manner that it unlocks the hard drive, unplug the IDE cable from the xbox and plug it into a PC, run software on the PC that will rebuild the hard drive with the exploit. Alternatively, if you already have your HDD key somehow, you can do the same without the hotswap.

If you want to look for some guides, then here's what you'd be looking for:
Savegame method: Krayzie's Ndure Installer (recommended), or Softmod Installer Deluxe 5.01
Hard drive method: Kingroach's Ndure 3.0 + XboxHDM

Also, solderless modchips can bring you some trouble. Recently the solderless chip on my old xbox got knocked out of place and rendered my xbox comatose. Luckily it was a 1.0, so I soldered a wire to switch banks to fix it, but it's just something to note.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Flash it with iXtreme 1.5 and save your money for something else
wink.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who knew soft modding your XBox could be this complicated...

@ velocity ~ Do I need an action replay? Those are really rare now... And I read in some guides that you only need a X-Box Memory Card (Made by MS) or a Action replay. And if anyone knows where I can get a Memory Card (By MS) and an Action Replay in Canada, post here please xD

@ inferior ~ Thanks for the link. I am looking into it now and finding out which version of the XBox I have

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Checked GameStop's website... Says they are $50 USD. But maybe it is cheaper instore...

==

Please stay on topic xD

I sorta wanna do as much as possible, so that tomorrow, I can get it ready,

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Is a used xbox really only $30?? If so, I'm going to pick one up right away. I have read that it can emulate the n64.

You're better of with connecting a laptop, htpc or something similar for better quality and the use of hi-resolution graphics packs for some N64 games
tongue.gif

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Is a used xbox really only $30?? If so, I'm going to pick one up right away. I have read that it can emulate the n64.

I picked one up at a local pawn shop. Stand alone console with no cables, $20. It does emulate N64 pretty well. I can only recall a few games that ran less than well. Goldeneye would freeze my xbox every so often in particular :|

Local pawn shops around my area have plenty of them for $50 with two controllers, and you can probably talk them down because they can't even give them away.

QUOTE(Splych @ Feb 27 2009, 11:42 PM) @ velocity ~ Do I need an action replay? Those are really rare now... And I read in some guides that you only need a X-Box Memory Card (Made by MS) or a Action replay. And if anyone knows where I can get a Memory Card (By MS) and an Action Replay in Canada, post here please xD

With any non hard drive mod, you'll need either Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell, or Mechassault. These games can be found for very little money. There are platinum editions with specific codes on the disc that work, but it's best to get the normal edition to stay on the safe side.

You don't need an xbox action replay, though. If you buy an xbox to USB adapter, you can use xplorer360 to transfer the savegame from your PC to your Xbox memory card via your xbox controller.

You can also use a usb to xbox adapter to hook a small (compatibility is a little finicky) USB thumbdrive to your xbox to use as a memory card, though I'm unsure of whether xplorer360 will be able to read this. There were pre-made Xbox Linux USB images up for download, so there should be a way to do this somehow.

Also, I think that needing a M$ official memory card is a myth. I've used my 8MB action replay memory card that came with my USB action replay just fine for many softmods. It may be that later versions of the action replay don't like certain filetypes. I've always used Action Replay Xbox 1.31, which doesn't work with Vista though. Xplorer360 should have identical functionality, however.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
I have read that it can emulate the n64.

don't bother the compatibility is very shit, none of the roms every run properly.

QUOTE(Splych @ Feb 27 2009, 10:42 PM) Who knew soft modding your XBox could be this complicated...

that's why i brought one on ebay with the softmod already installed, maybe try your luck and buy a softomded xbox on ebay....

btw Splych if you are going to attempt to softmod your xbox install xbmc it's the best you can get for the xbox.

if you want to transfer files to your xbox look out for FTP you will need a ethernet cable and the software FlashFXP to transfer the files.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the help velocity~!

Do you know where I can buy one of those XBOX to USB Adapters? And a USD to XBOX adapter? Sorry if I am asking too many questions or if I am rushing you... It is probably because I am in a rush too xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda makes since tho if Steve miller starting a new tour, a good way to publicize it, and...