Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bought a silver-black SEH1116 3ds XL with 4.4.0.10E at Dynamodz in Den Haag (The Hague) , the Netherlands. They seem to still have plenty of them in stock too.

Reactions: kalimero

alleenogen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bought a silver-black SEH1116 3ds XL with 4.4.0.10E at Dynamodz in Den Haag (The Hague) , the Netherlands. They seem to still have plenty of them in stock too.

Hey Hellz,
I looked at their website, but couldn't find anything on it regarding new 3DS XL handhelds?

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Alleenogen,

You're right I just checked the website, they don't seem to have the information about actual consoles they're selling. But they do have 3DS XL in stock right now as I picked one up there yesterday and they said they have more. Not sure where you are from in the Netherlands but your best guess is to go by them :) If you need more information feel free to PM me, i'll try to help you!

alleenogen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just went to mediamarkt in Ede (Netherlands)
Bought a white one with has 2013 on the box and serial starting with sef1125.
4.4 firmware :yaysp:

Still one left, so if you want one, go get it!

Reactions: kalimero

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to go buy a 3ds XL today, what are some reasons I can use to return and exchange it for another unit if it turns out it isn't 4.1-4.5?

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm about to go buy a 3ds XL today, what are some reasons I can use to return and exchange it for another unit if it turns out it isn't 4.1-4.5?

Remember that you just need to see the serial number on the box to know if you are safe. I'm unsure about the laws in the USA but an unopened box shouldn't be hard to return?

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I just need to look at the serial number and make sure it's SW12XXXXXX X, but there have been reports on the wiki that some SW12 weren't really 4.1-4.5, oh well, I'll see how it goes, it'll probably be 4.5.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you got to return it, say the child you bought it for, wants another color. =)

Try to open the box without breaking the seal, you can gently pull it off.

bobbintb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a 3ds xl on black friday for $150. i read that copyright 2012 was a guarantee of the firmware version being the right one. found out later it wasn't. luckily my kid did not tear up the packaging. i factory reset it, watched some unboxing videos to make sure i boxed it up right, went to a random store and took some of those clear circular pieces of tape they seal it with off of some random items and took them back to the car to seal it up. i returned it to a different retailer than were i purchased it from (no reciept) because i was visiting family when i bought it and that retailer does not have a store in my town. anyway they gave me a full refund of $200 plus tax without receipt in the form of a gift card. after that i went right to the electronics section and got one that did have the correct firmware based on the serial. they were also running a promo i was unaware of and gave me a $50 gift card.

all in all i ended up with a 3ds xl with the right firmware and only paid $100. not a bad deal. now i just need a flash cart.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Got my 4.5-10U 3DS XL from Walmart today. They have glass cases so you can see most of the serial numbers pretty clearly. They had 5 total, 3 blue, 2 red, and just one blue beginning with 1271. Was nice because they're giving away $50 gift cards with each purchase right now as well. Although I can't use it on any 3DS games because they'll force a mandatory update and I'm waiting on my Gateway cart in the mail.

Anyway, if most of your Walmarts are sold out after the holidays like mine were, try Target or K-mart, which are large chains but lesser used for stuff like electronics.

Jaifroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got 4.4.0-10U XL black/red
Code : SW1232XXXXX

Bought at bestbuy, i could look at the codes from the glasses and they were all under 1280XXXX

Should i update it to 4,5 or don't touch anything until i receive my flash card ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper