Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

baokia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u mean retail luigi mansion or rom ? btw wad should i look out for 3dsll since the box mayb diff from the us set which stated "Trademark of nintendo 2012"

ShizZy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup... I went to Best Buy and bought a copyright 2012 3DS XL blue (they had a ton of them) and it was on 4.4. First time I've ever bought two of the same video game system :-P

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly I don't get to see what copyright is on the box first... I'm gonna have to go for a gamble and buy a used one hoping its not on 4.5+

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great minds think alike.

You mean a known exploit will be patched?!?! :P

It's not necessarily as though Nintendo is somehow getting the best of those of us who have bought a 3DS [XL] in recent months just for the Gateway. I'm satisfied enough with the current library not to be too upset by the fact that new games probably won't be playable (indefinitely) after Nintendo inevitably defeats firmware spoofing with on-cart DRM. Perhaps a new exploit will eventually be discovered, but even if that never happens, the increase in purchased consoles is beneficial to people like me and to Nintendo. Worst case scenario: I have a 3DS with a couple years of releases at my fingertips and all original DS titles accessible in case my DSL or DSi break and I don't feel like playing on an emulator.

Consider the PS3: Once Sony fixed their "problem" with the release of 3.56, a lot of people gave up and updated their consoles to OFW before TrueBlue came along. Many were content to stay on 3.55 CFW because there was a big enough library of games at that point to keep most people satisfied even if newer games remained out of reach indefinitely. I wouldn't have regretted buying a PS3 just for the initial jailbreak if somehow the TB dongle, 4.21 CFW and beyond didn't eventually show up.

I'm happy I bought my XL just for the Gateway even if no game released after October of this year is ever playable without an original cart.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I buy a 3DS XL which has 2012 on the Box, that means it will be surely on 4.x, right?
However, if there's 2013, I shouldn't buy it?

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
got 1 XL white 2012 was 4.4 ordered on 5 august ...
got another XL white 2013 was 5.1 !!!ordered on 17 august

both from amazon.fr

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
What 3DS XL color are the most likely to be less than 4.5 in europe?
I may buy a 3DS XL in some weeks (when I have the money) unless gateway find an update for 6.2.0-12E before.
Sadly I have the original 3DS and I updated it yesterday, from 4.4.0-10E to 6.2.0-12E.........

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went to my neighborhood Super Target and grabbed the first blue/black console they had, surely enough it was 2012. Got home, opened it up, 4.4. Bingo.

The guy acted surprised I wanted an older one (of course I didn't say WHY I wanted an older one) but considering they had very few left and this was a really popular/huge Target, I'm surprised they actually had some.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...